poetry-writing position: Hampshire College

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2008
      Hampshire College is accepting applications for an Assistant Professor of Poetry

      Writing. Teaching experience in poetry workshops at the college level is
      essential, as is
      a terminal degree such as an MFA or PhD. A writing sample of no more than a
      dozen
      poems will be critical to our decision. Documented experience in the study &
      teaching
      of other disciplines, such as African-American, Caribbean, Diaspora, or
      Post-colonial
      Studies with particular emphasis on diverse cultural forms is also desired.
      Experience
      in other arts or clearly cross-disciplinary work will be considered a plus. This
      position
      will begin fall 2009, pending budgetary approval. We offer a competitive salary
      &
      comprehensive benefits program. Review of applications begins November 30, with
      on-campus candidate interviews planned for February 2009. Applicants should
      submit
      a letter of inquiry that describes their preferred ways of teaching, c.v., three
      letters of
      recommendation, & writing sample to: Assistant Professor of Poetry Writing
      Search,
      School for Interdisciplinary Arts—WP , Hampshire College, 893 West Street
      Amherst,
      MA 01002 www.hampshire.edu EO/EAE/AA.