short story contest: Warren Adler

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2008
      The Warren Adler Short Story Contest

      Fall 2008 Contest Theme: Short Fiction in Varied Genres

      http://www.warrenadler.com/contest08fall.shtml

      Submit Your Stories Now!

      Following the success of the Summer 2008 Warren Adler Short Story Contest, Mr. Adler is sponsoring another international competition. The theme is simply short fiction in all of its varied genres. We are looking for original, imaginative pieces featuring compelling characters and creative plots. Whether you specialize in mainstream fiction, romance, horror, fantasy, science-fiction, satire, mystery, or any of their subcategories, we want to read your work.

      Entries must not exceed 2,500 words. Stories from all the points of the globe will be considered provided that they are written in English. Mr. Adler will select which story will be awarded the Grand Prize of $1,000.

      Although Mr. Adler will have already chosen the winner, the five finalists’ stories will be posted on the Warren Adler website on January 19, 2009. The People’s Choice winner will be determined by public voting. Warren Adler’s top choice, along with the People’s Choice winner, will be announced on February 2, 2009.

      Submissions will be accepted from October 1, 2008 to January 16, 2009. The entry fee is $15. Five cash prizes will be awarded.

      * 1st Prize: $1000
      * People’s Choice Prize $500
      * Remaining finalists receive $150 each

      Authors retain worldwide publishing rights.
      Contest Rules:

      * Contest is open for worldwide entries from October 1, 2008 until January 16, 2009
      * A $15 fee in advance is required for each story submission.
      * Stories must be submitted online at

      http://www.warrenadler.com/contest08fall.shtml
      * Each story can be no longer than 2,500 words and must be written in English and previously unpublished.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 23, 2009
        The Warren Adler Short Story Contest

        2009 Contest Theme: Short Fiction in Varied Genres

        http://www.warrenadler.com/contest09.shtml (go to this URL to submit stories and pay entry fee)

        The Warren Adler Short Story Contest is fast becoming the most prestigious online short story contest thanks to the extraordinary literary quality of our submissions. We are pleased to announce our next contest. The theme is simply short fiction in all of its varied genres. We are looking for original, imaginative pieces featuring compelling characters and creative plots. Whether you specialize in mainstream fiction, romance, horror, fantasy, science-fiction, satire, mystery, or any of their subcategories, we want to read your work.

        Entries must not exceed 2,500 words and we will only accept stories submitted using our web form (http://www.warrenadler.com/contest09.shtml), no exceptions. Stories from all the points of the globe will be considered provided that they are written in English. Mr. Adler will select which story will be awarded the Grand Prize of $1,000.

        The People's Choice winner will be determined by public voting. Warren Adler's top choice, along with the People's Choice winner, will be announced in July.

        Submissions will be accepted from April 13, 2009 to July 13, 2009. The entry fee is $15. Five cash prizes will be awarded.

        1st Prize: $1,000

        People's Choice Prize $500

        Remaining finalists receive $150 each

        Authors retain worldwide publishing rights.
        Contest Rules:

        Contest is open for worldwide
        entries from April 13, 2009 until July 13, 2009

        A $15 fee in advance is required for each story submission.

        When you are ready to submit your story, make your payment below to proceed to the story submission form.

        Each story can be no longer than 2,500 words and must be written in English and previously unpublished

        Submit online and pay entry fee at

        http://www.warrenadler.com/contest09.shtml

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 14, 2009
          The Warren Adler Short Story Contest

          2009 Contest Theme: Short Fiction in Varied Genres

          to submit story and pay entry fee, visit

          http://www.warrenadler.com/contest09.shtml

          The Warren Adler Short Story Contest is fast becoming the most prestigious online short story contest thanks to the extraordinary literary quality of our submissions. We are pleased to announce our next contest. The theme is simply short fiction in all of its varied genres. We are looking for original, imaginative pieces featuring compelling characters and creative plots. Whether you specialize in mainstream fiction, romance, horror, fantasy, science-fiction, satire, mystery, or any of their subcategories, we want to read your work.

          Entries must not exceed 2,500 words and we will only accept stories submitted using our web form (see Pay Now button below), no exceptions. Stories from all the points of the globe will be considered provided that they are written in English. Mr. Adler will select which story will be awarded the Grand Prize of $1,000.

          The People's Choice winner will be determined by public voting. Warren Adler's top choice, along with the People's Choice winner, will be announced in July.

          Submissions will be accepted from April 13, 2009 to July 13, 2009. The entry fee is $15. Five cash prizes will be awarded.

          1st Prize: $1,000

          People's Choice Prize $500

          Remaining finalists receive $150 each

          Authors retain worldwide publishing rights.
          Contest Rules:

          Contest is open for worldwide entries from April 13,
          2009 until July 13, 2009