deadline extended: special thematic issue, Crab Orchard Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      Deadline extended to November 7, 2008

      Special Issue: Color Wheel ~

      Cultural Heritages in the Twenty-First Century

      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW is seeking work for our Summer/Fall 2009 issue focusing on writing inspired or informed by the experiences, observations, and/or cultural and historical possibilities of the following topic: “Color Wheel ~ Cultural Heritages in the Twenty-First Century.” We are open to work that covers any of the multitude of ways our ideas of identity, tradition, family, and place are challenged by an ever-changing world.

      All submissions should be original, unpublished poetry, fiction, or literary nonfiction in English or unpublished translations in English (we do run bilingual, facing-page translations whenever possible). Please query before submitting any interview.

      For our general submission guidelines, check our Web site at<http://www.siuc.edu/~crborchd/guid2.html>.

      Mail submissions, along with SASE,  to:

      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW

      Cultural Heritages issue

      Faner 2380, Mail Code 4503

      Southern Illinois University Carbondale

      1000 Faner Drive

      Carbondale, IL 62901

      The submission period for this issue is August 1, 2008 through November 7, 2008. We will be reading submissions throughout this period and hope to complete the editorial work on the issue by mid-February. Writers whose work is selected will receive $20 (US) per magazine page ($50 minimum for poetry; $100 minimum for prose), two copies of the issue, and a year’s subscription.