poetry/fiction/nonfiction: Columbia

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2008
      Columbia: A Journal of Literature and Art is now accepting submissions for our 2009 Contests in Poetry, Fiction, & Nonfiction. Winning entries in each category will be awarded $500 and will be published in Issue 47, due out in the spring of 2009. All entrants will receive a copy of Columbia.

      http://www.columbiajournal.org/contests.htm

      Judges:
      Diane Williams, fiction
      Philip Lopate, nonfiction
      Henri Cole, poetry

      Deadline: Dec. 1, 2008
      Entry fee: $12.00

      Fiction and nonfiction entrants may submit up to 20 double-spaced pages. Poetry entrants may submit up to five poems.

      As we are currently experiencing problems with our online payment system, please mail your submission, along with a $12 check (made out to Columbia: A Journal), to:

      Attn: Contest
      Columbia: A Journal of Art and Literature
      415 Dodge Hall
      2960 Broadway
      New York, NY 10027

      (b) All submissions will be considered for publication in Columbia. Multiple submissions are acceptable, although each entrant will only receive one copy of the journal.

      (c) Entrants will be emailed notification of contest results. Results also will be announced on the Columbia website.

      (d) The Contest is not open to current Columbia University students, or to those who have graduated within the last five years.

      (e) The Judges' decisions are final. The Judges reserve the right to commend runners-up and to decide to award no winner.