"castaways" writing contest (no fee): Maisonneuve

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2007
      To celebrate summer daydreaming, Maisonneuve wants you, our readers, to
      divine and write about the fate of your favorite literary, cinematic and TV
      castaways.

      From Man Friday to Tom Hanks—what happened next to that marooned beach bum,
      pirate, juice monkey, bikini babe, ship captain or washed up volleyball?

      Poetry, short fiction, graphic and non-fiction opinion pieces are all welcome—
      just keep 'em under 500 words.

      Our five favourite entries will be published at Maisonneuve online in August.
      Winners will snag treasure chests chock-full of gold doubloons and other
      summer goodies from Penguin Group Canada, Puma, and Montreal designers Karv (for
      gents) or Perplex and Lola (for the ladies).

      Send your entry by email to: webinfo(at)maisonneuve.org.
      (replace (at) with @)
      Please use the subject line: "Castaways" and include your name, address,
      email address and telephone number.

      Closing date for entries: July 31, 2007.
      Website: http://www.maisonneuve.org/