contest for women writers: KY Women Writers

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2007
      Kentucky Women Writers Conference
      http://www.uky.edu/WWK/prize.php
      (go to site above to download required entry form)

      Each year, the Women Writers Conference offers opportunities for both
      emerging and established voices to be singled out and cheered on by our community.

      The Gabehart Prize for Imaginative Writing is our way of honoring our good
      friend, patron, and long-time director who took the decade of the 1980s to show
      us all how it's done. Three prizes are awarded, in poetry, fiction, and
      creative nonfiction. Each winner receives $100, two 2-day passes, and the
      opportunity to read her winning manuscript at the conference.

      28th kentucky women writers conference
      September 28–29, 2007
      Gabehart Prize for Imaginative Writing
      Guidelines
      Manuscript Format
      Please submit two blind copies of the manuscript, and our required entry form
      The author’s name or address must not appear anywhere on the manuscript
      Type on standard white paper, one side of the page only
      Paginate correctly
      Submission Information
      There is a handling fee for each submission. Each poem is $5. Each fiction or
      creative
      nonfiction piece is $10.
      Checks should be made payable to Women Writers of Kentucky.
      Fiction and creative nonfiction pieces have a maximum 2,500 word count. Each
      title is
      considered a separate submission. If multiple pieces are entered with only
      one entry fee,
      only the first submission will be accepted.
      Manuscripts must be postmarked by August 15, 2007.
      Include a self-addressed, stamped postcard if you would like notification
      that the
      manuscript has been received.
      We strongly advise that you send your manuscript first class.
      Also, keep the following in mind:
      Submission of more than one piece is permissible if each manuscript is
      accompanied by a
      handling fee.
      Once submitted, manuscripts cannot be altered.
      Previously published works are permissible.
      The contest is open to any writer of English. Employees of Women Writers of
      Kentucky
      or board members of the Friends of the Kentucky Women Writers Conference are
      not
      eligible to submit.
      We cannot return manuscripts.
      Contest results will be posted on our website by September 15th. Winners will
      be
      notified immediately.

      Please send entries to:
      Betty Gabehart Prize for Imaginative Writing
      Women Writers of Kentucky
      232 East Maxwell Street
      Lexington, KY 40506-0344
      Direct inquiries to: wwk.hadfield(at)gmail.com
      (replace (at) with @)