poetry contest: Rock & Sling

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6 8:41 AM
      Virginia Brendemuehl Prize for Poetry
      http://www.rockandsling.org/contest.htm

      GUIDELINES

      First Place: $1,000 plus publication in Rock & Sling
      Finalists: Publication in Fall 2007 Rock & Sling

      Contest Deadline: July 31, 2007 postmark

      Entry fee is $10.00 for three poems. You may enter as many groups of three as
      you like. Payment (check or money order please) must accompany submission.

      Name, address, and phone number must appear in the upper right hand corner of
      each poem.

      Poems will be judged based on literary quality and in consideration of our
      vision statement. We encourage entrants to visit our website to gain a sense of
      the kinds of poems we seek.

      Poems that have been previously published or have received monetary awards
      are not eligible. Though Rock & Sling generally accepts simultaneous submissions
      with notification, we request no simultaneous submissions for the contest.

      Manuscripts will not be returned.

      Winners will be notified by September 1, 2007 and will be posted on our
      website thereafter. For notification of receipt of your manuscript, include a
      self-addressed, stamped postcard. Return envelopes will be discarded; all
      manuscripts will be recycled, not returned.

      Rock & Sling is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected manuscripts.
      Submit poetry and check or money order (U.S. funds) to:

      The Virginia Brendemuehl Contest
      Rock & Sling
      P. O. Box 30865
      Spokane, WA  99223