call for submissions: Gertrude

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2007
      Gertrude Press is a non-profit (status pending)
      organization showcasing and developing the creative
      talents of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer
      identified, and allied individuals.

      Gertrude accepts manuscripts from new and established
      writers and artists. Subject matter need not be
      LGBTQA-specific and we welcome writers and artists
      from all backgrounds. We accept simultaneous
      submissions with notification. We do not accept
      previously published work.

      Gertrude accepts electronic and surface mail
      submissions, on an ongoing basis. In both cases,
      please include a cover letter. For surface mail
      include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) for
      reply. Submissions that do not include an SASE will be
      discarded. Please note that we shred and recycle all
      unused manuscripts.

      Surface mail submissions should be sent to
      Gertrude Press
      PO Box 83948
      Portland, OR 97283
      Email submissions should be attached as an MS Word
      file or be pasted directly in the body of the email.
      Email submissions should be sent to
      editor@... and should contain the word
      SUBMISSION in the subject line.

      You may also submit online using our online submission
      form.

      Please do not place your name directly on manuscripts.

      Poetry:
      Submit up to six poems of any subject matter. There is
      no line limit; however, poems less than 60 lines are
      preferable.

      Fiction/Novel Excerpts/Creative Nonfiction:
      Submit one to two pieces, double-spaced, up to 3000
      words, of any subject matter. Include a word count for
      each piece in your cover letter.

      Interviews:
      Please query the editor by email with your proposal.

      Art:
      Gertrude showcases one visual artist per issue,
      including full-color cover and six to eight black and
      white images inside the journal. To submit artwork for
      future issues, please send slides, prints (do not send
      originals), or a website URL to the attention of the
      art editor.

      go to www.gertrudepress.org for more information on
      the bi-annual publication as well as our annual poetry
      and fiction chapbook contests.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2011
        Gertrude, the biannual literary and arts publication of Gertrude Press
        seeks
        submissions of fiction, poetry, and creative non-fiction for its
        upcoming issue.

        Gertrude accepts manuscripts from new and established writers and
        artists.
        Subject matter need not be LGBTQA-specific and we welcome writers and
        artists
        from all backgrounds. We accept simultaneous submissions with
        notification. We
        do not accept previously published work. Please note that we do not
        publish
        novels. We read chapbook manuscripts ONLY through our annual
        competition
        (currently open).
        Gertrudeaccepts surface mail submissions and electronic submissions
        submitted
        through our online submission form only. For surface mail include a
        cover letter

        and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) for reply. Do not place
        your name
        directly on manuscripts. Submissions that do not include an SASE will
        be
        discarded. We shred and recycle all unused manuscripts.
        For electronic submissions, please use our online submission form only:
        http://www.gertrudepress.org/submit/
        Poetry:Submit up to six poems of any subject matter. There is no line
        limit;
        however, poems less than 60 lines are preferable.
        Fiction/Novel Excerpts*/Creative Nonfiction:Submit one to two pieces,
        double-spaced, up to 3000 words, of any subject matter. Include a word
        count for

        each piece in your cover letter.
        Interviews:Please query the editor by email with your proposal.
        Art:Gertrude showcases one visual artist per issue, including
        full-color cover
        and six to eight black and white images inside the journal. To submit
        artwork
        for future issues, please send slides, prints (do not send originals),
        or a
        website URL to the attention of the art editor.
        Send all manuscripts and artwork to:
        Gertrude Press
        PO Box 83948
        Portland OR 97283
        *Gertrude Press does not publish novels at this time.