online journal seeks submissions: Tattoo Highway

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2008
      Tattoo Highway, an online journal of prose, poetry and art, is now reading
      for TH/18: "Diners, Dives & Michelin Stars" ~ the food issue. Deadline
      January 15, 2009.

      http://www.tattoohighway.org

      GENERAL GUIDELINES: Our tastes are eclectic. We like fresh, vivid language,
      and we like stories and poems that are actually about something -- that
      acknowledge a world beyond the writer's own psyche. If they have an edge, if
      they provoke us to think or make us laugh, so much the better. We strongly
      suggest reading a previous issue or two before submitting.

      While we particularly welcome poetry and short "screen-reader-friendly"
      prose or cross-genre pieces (< 1000 words), we do on occasion publish longer
      work. We encourage hypertext and new media (Flash .swf) submissions, also
      photographs and original graphics.

      All readings are "blind" (authors' names and other identifiers are removed).
      Writers may submit up to 5 poems, prosepoems or flash fictions (500 words
      max), or 2 longer prose pieces. While we prefer to see work that has not
      been previously published, we do consider work that has appeared in
      small-circulation print journals. Simultaneous submissions are fine, but
      please let us know promptly if you place a piece elsewhere.

      As always, we're featuring our contest: "A Picture Worth 500 Words."
      Details on website.

      HOW TO SUBMIT: Email submissions to <submissions(at)tattoohighway.org>(replace (at) with @),

      as Rich Text Format (RTF) attachments or as plain text in the body of your

      message, and with TH18 in the20subject line. For hypertext and Flash
      submissions, provide us with an URL where we may view the work online. Send
      graphics in .jpg format.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2010
        Tattoo Highway, an online journal of prose, poetry and art, is now reading for TH/21: "Gambler's Choice." This is an open issue, no theme.

        Deadline, Jan. 10, 2011.

        http://www.tattoohighway.org

        GENERAL GUIDELINES: Our tastes are eclectic. We like fresh, vivid language, and we like stories and poems that are actually about something -- that acknowledge a world beyond the writer's own psyche. If they have an edge, if they provoke us to think or make us laugh, so much the better. We strongly suggest reading a previous issue or two before submitting.

        While we particularly welcome poetry and short "screen-reader-friendly" prose or cross-genre pieces (< 1000 words), we do on occasion publish longer work. We encourage new media (Flash .swf, hypertext) submissions, also photographs and original graphics.
        All readings are "blind" (authors' names and other identifiers are removed). Writers may submit up to 5 poems, prosepoems or flash fictions (500 words +/-), or 2 longer prose pieces. While we prefer to see work that has not been previously published, we do consider work that has appeared in small-circulation print journals. Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let us know promptly if you place a piece elsewhere.

        As always, we're featuring our contest: "A Picture Worth 500 Words." Details on website.

        HOW TO SUBMIT: Email submissions to <submissions(at)tattoohighway.org> (replace (at) with @)
        as Rich Text Format (RTF) attachments or as plain text in the body of your message, and with TH21 in the subject line (plus "contest" for contest entries). For hypertext and Flash submissions, provide us with an URL where we may view the work online. Send graphics in .jpg format.

        --
        Sara McAulay, Editor
        Tattoo Highway ~ a journal of prose, poetry and art