poetry chapbook contest: Hotmetalpress.net

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
      The Karen Fredericks and Frances Willitts Poetry Prize
      The 2nd Annual Hotmetalpress Chapbook Contest

      http://hotmetalpress.net

      Our prize is $350 and 20 free copies. We want to send every entrant a copy of the winning collection. We also will consider unpublished poems within the manuscript for our magazine. Page Limit: 32 pages. Fee: $20.00. Deadline: end of November 2008. Please make ut a check for $20 to Hotmetalpress.
      Judged by Martin Willitts Jr (author of a full length book “The Secret Language of the
      Universe” and editor of a poetry anthology about cancer “Alternatives to Surrender”, and published many chapbooks). Send one hardcopy of the manuscript to: Martin Willitts Jr., P.O. Box 4322, Rome, NY 13244

      The entry rules:
      Single spaced poems in 12 pt Ariel or Times New Roman. Attach a separate page for the title page with your name, address, telephone, and email. Do not put your name anywhere else on the pages.32 page maximum limit including title, content page, acknowledgements, and pages. Anything with more pages will be eliminated. Include the check, the manuscript following the entry directions, and a SASE if you want the
      manuscript returned with a comment from Martin (he writes interesting comments) or the manuscript will be destroyed. Attach all items together with a swing clip only. No staples, paper clips, etc. The winner will be requested to submit a finished, edited version of the manuscript in a Word Document file upon winning. We are not responsible20for any errors. For complete rules: http://hotmetalpress.net/

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 13, 2008
        The 2nd Annual Hotmetalpress Chapbook Contest

        http://www.hotmetalpress.net/PoetryPrize.html

        Our prize is $350 and 20 free copies. We also want to send every entrant a copy of the winning collection.

        Page Limit: 32 pages

        Fee: $20.00

        Deadline:

        If you are looking for clues as to what we look for a winner, well we wish you a lot of luck because our selections are unpredictable and eclectic. Last year’s winner was Peter Nash’s collection of nature poems, “Tracks”; and other four top collections all have been published by other presses.  Our two Best Poem winners this year included a language poem and a poem about a long-lasting love. We even have considered a high school student for a second place position. We like to take risks if the poems interest us. We do not know what poems will interest us either until we see the poems.

        Please make out a check for $20 to Hotmetalpress.

        Judged by Martin Willitts Jr (author of a full length book “The Secret Language of the Universe” and editor of a poetry anthology about cancer “Alternatives to Surrender”, and published many chapbooks).

        Send one hardcopy of the manuscript to: Martin Willitts Jr., P.O. Box 4322, Rome, NY 13244

        The entry rules:

        Single spaced poems in 12 pt Ariel or Times New Roman.

        Attach a separate page for the title page with your name, address, telephone, and email. Do not put your name anywhere else on the pages.

        32 page20maximum limit including title, content page, acknowledgements, and pages. Anything with more pages will be eliminated.

        Include the check, the manuscript following the entry directions, and a SASE if you want the manuscript returned with a comment from Martin (he writes interesting comments) or the manuscript will be destroyed.

        Attach all items together with a swing clip only. No staples, paper clips, etc.

        The winner will be requested to submit a finished, edited version of the manuscript in a Word Document file upon winning. We are not responsible for any errors.

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 17, 2009
          The 3rd Annual Hotmetalpress Chapbook Contest
          http://www.hotmetalpress.net/PoetryPrize.html

          Our prize is $350 and 20 free copies. We also want to send every entrant a copy of the winning
          collection.
          Page Limit: 32 pages
          Fee: $20.00
          Deadline: end of May 2009

          If you are looking for clues as to what we look for a winner,  we wish you luck because our
          selections are unpredictable and eclectic.  We like to take risks if the poems interest us. We do
          not know what poems will interest us either until we see the poems.

          Please make out a check for $20 to Hotmetalpress. Send it to
           Carole Towers;

          1173 Sea Eagle Watch;

          Charleston SC; 29412.
          Judged by the staff.  Please send a copy of your manuscript in a word document.  Your work
          will be read upon receipt of your check.
          The entry rules:
          Single spaced poems in 12pt Courier.
          Attach  title page with your name, address, telephone, and email.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2009

              to: <sea7(at)comcast.net> (replace (at) with @)

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 5, 2009
                Karen Fredericks and Frances Willitts Poetry Prize

                The 3rd Annual Hotmetalpress Chapbook Contest

                Our prize is $350 and 20 free copies. We also want to send every entrant a copy of the winning collection. Page Limit: 32 pages. Fee: $20.00. Deadline: July 15.

                If you are looking for clues as to what we look for a winner, we wish you luck because our
                selections are unpredictable and eclectic.  We like to take risks if the poems interest us. We do not know what poems will interest us either until we see the poems.

                Please make out a check for $20 to Hotmetalpress.

                Send it to Carole Towers; 1173 Sea Eagle Watch; Charleston SC; 29412.
                Judged by the staff.  Please send a copy of your manuscript in a word document to <sea7(at)comcast.net> (replace (at) with @).  Your work will be read upon receipt of your check.

                The entry rules: Single spaced poems in 12pt Courier. Attach title page with your name, address, telephone, and email. 32 page maximum limit including title, content page, acknowledgements, and pages. Anything with more pages will be eliminated.

                http://www.hotmetalpress.net/PoetryPrize.html