open reading period: Steel Toe Books

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2008
      Steel Toe Books selects manuscripts through open reading periods. Our
      next open reading period will be October 1-31, 2008, at which time we
      will be specifically seeking quality manuscripts containing
      predominately formal poetry (sonnet sequences, blank verse, ghazals,
      terza rima, sestinas, haiku, haiban, renga, etc.).

      Guidelines: http://www.wku.edu/~tom.hunley/steeltoebooks/submit.htm

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2014

        Poets,

        Are you tired of shelling out $30 fees for contests, waiting half a year or more, and then receiving nothing but (if you're lucky) a form rejection note?  Wouldn't you rather pay $12 and get both a great book and a fair, decent shot at having your manuscript accepted for publication?

        We are holding an open reading period for full-length (48-80 page) poetry manuscripts in September/October 2014.

        There is no reading fee, but we ask each poet who submits to support our press by purchasing one of our titles directly from us.

        Send your manuscript, along with an order form (available at http://www.steeltoebooks.com/place-an-order?id=80) and a check to

        Steel Toe Books
        c/o Tom C. Hunley
        Department of English