online poetry journal seeks submissions: Chickenpinata

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      Chickenpinata, a journal of poetry wants your poems!

      We are a new, online poetry journal that will feature accessible poetry from emerging writers.  We want what's fresh, new, and fun.  We are especially interested in work by women.

      Generally, we appreciate shorter pieces, but if you wow us with a longer poem (say, up to two pages), we won't turn you away.  Of course we love lush language, sound, and metaphor, but please, skip heavy allusions and other overly "poetical" styling.  (One word about accessibility:  we like clarity and crisp, sensory language, but we don't want to read "empty" or vapid writing.)  We have no limits on form or content--it just has to be quality.

      Please send a submission of one to four unpublished poems as an .rtf or .doc file (or within the body of your e-mail) to <submissions<at>chickenpinata.com>.  (Replace <at> with @.)  Please include full contact information (name, address, phone number, etc.) within your e-mail.  Simultaneous submissions is fine, just please let us know immediately if your work is taken somewhere else.

      For Issue One, please expect a submission response by December 15, 2008.  Chickenpinata will launch its first issue in January-February, 2009.