call for fiction submissions: Fantasy Magazine

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      Fantasy Magazine is an online weekly magazine of all forms of fantasy fiction, located at

      http://www.fantasy-magazine.com

      High fantasy, contemporary and urban tales, surrealism, magical realism, science fantasy, and folktales can all be found in our pages. The editors are Cat Rambo and Sean Wallace.

      Fiction

      We are looking for stories that delight, entertain, and enrapture readers, stories ranging from delicious treats that melt on the tongue, leaving only a trace of sweetness, to the dark and poignant tale whose memory lingers with you for days, perhaps years. Fantasy Magazine is entertainment for the intelligent genre reader — send us stories of the fantastic that make us think, and tell us what it is to be human while amazing us with your mastery of language and story elements. From the very first issue, Fantasy has featured authors of significant literary reputation, such as Jeffrey Ford, Caitlin R. Kiernan, Stewart O'Nan, and Holly Phillips. Send us your best. While we run the gamut from light to dark, we don't have as much of the former as we'd like, and are always looking for more.

      We are not looking for cookie-cutter fantasies or retellings of D&D campaigns. We do not want any "fan fiction" or story that depends on the use of media characters. While any sort of fantasy content is allowed, the execution must be superb. Some sexual content is acceptable, but the title Fantasy does not refer to sex fantasies. We are not an appropriate market for erotica.
      0AThe specifics:

      Stories should be between 1000 and 6000 words long (short story to short novelette). Please query before submitting fiction that falls outside this range.

      Payment is 3¢/word.

      Exclusive first world electronic rights for 60 days from publication, and non-exclusive anthology rights

      Response time: 30 days.

      We do not accept simultaneous or multiple submissions.

      Electronic submissions should be pasted into the body of the e-mail, or attached as RTF or MSWord DOC to

      <fantasysubmissions(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)

      Non-Fiction

      If you wish to submit articles, essays, or interviews, please query first to

      <fantastictempest(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @). We're particularly interested in interviews with authors, creators, producers, writers, and actors from all genre media. We 're also looking for more columnists to provide commentary every 3 or 6 weeks on genre topics, particularly television. Query at the address above.

      The submission period is from September 1 - November 15, 2008.