online journal seeks submissions: Apple Valley Review

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
      The Apple Valley Review, a semiannual online literary journal, will be accepting submissions of poetry, short fiction, and essays for its Spring 2009 issue until February 15, 2009.
      www.applevalleyreview.com

      Submissions are accepted year-round via e-mail. We prefer work that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our annual editor's prize.

      The Fall 2008 issue of the journal featured fiction by Alex Myers and Rachel Ephraim; memoir by Panteha Sanati; prose poetry by Julie Babcock; poetry by Vince Corvaia, Keetje Kuipers, Philip Matthews, M.J. Iuppa, Miranda Steffens, Andrew Slattery, Richard Stolorow, Margaret Rozga, Naira Kuzmich, Jim Murdoch, Susan Culver, and Heather Mercer; and artwork by Rob Evans.

      The Apple Valley Review would also like to congratulate Kathy Anderson--the recipient of the Apple Valley Review Editor's Prize for 2008, whose short story, "You Are the Bad Smell," was published in our Spring 2008 issue--and two of the writers whose work appeared in the Spring 2007 issue. "Pageant Queen," an essay by J. W. Young, and "Island Fever," a poem by Edward Byrne, were selected for Best of the Web 2008, a print anthology available from Dzanc Books.

      The current issue, previous issues, subscription inf
      ormation, and complete submission guidelines for the Apple Valley Review are available atwww.applevalleyreview.com.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 10, 2009
        The Apple Valley Review,

        www.applevalleyreview.com

        http://www.leahbrowning.net/Apple/Submit.html

        a semiannual online literary journal, will be accepting submissions of poetry, short fiction, and essays for its Fall 2009 issue until August 14, 2009.

        Submissions are accepted year-round via e-mail. We prefer work that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our annual editor's prize.

        The Spring 2009 issue of the journal featured fiction by Matthew Grice, Tai Dong Huai, Lydia Williams, Arrie Brown, and Jozefina Cutura; an essay by Suzanne Cope; poetry by William Robert Flowers, Leslie LaChance, Sarah White, Gregory Lawless, Roger Jones, Ruth Foley, Steve Klepetar, Linda King, Lyn Lifshin, James Richard Brown, Chris Anderson, and Asha Choubey; and artwork by Mikel Glass.

        The Apple Valley Review would also like to congratulate Kathy Anderson--the recipient of the Apple Valley Review Editor's Prize for 2008, whose short story, "You Are the Bad Smell," was published in our Spring 2008 issue--and two of the writers whose work appeared in the Fall 2007 and Spring 2008 issues, respectively. "Jane Austen's Toes," a poem by Rob Hardy, and "Thanksgiving," a poem by Pat Daneman, were selected by poet Dorianne
        Laux for the 2008 Best of the Net Anthology.

        The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and complete submission guidelines for the Apple Valley Review are available at

         www.applevalleyreview.com.

        Send submissions via e-mail to Leah Browning, Editor.
        —Send one prose piece or two to six poems at a time.
        —Include the word “fiction,” “poetry,” or “essay” in your subject line.
        —Type or paste your submission in the body of the e-mail message.  We
        will not open any unsolicited attachments.
        —Include a cover letter with your name, address, phone number, e-mail
        address, and a short biography.

        Please expect to wait up to two months for a reply.  Occasionally with
        e-mail, there are technical difficulties.  We cannot be responsible for delay or
        loss of submissions.  To submit, or to check on the status of your submission
        after two months have passed, please send a message to our editor at <editor(at)leahbrowning.net>

        (replace (at) with @)

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
          The Apple Valley Review, a semiannual online literary journal, will be accepting submissions of poetry, short fiction, and essays for its Fall 2009 issue until August 14, 2009.

          www.applevalleyreview.com

          Submissions are accepted year-round via e-mail. We prefer work that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our annual editor's prize.

          To submit, please send 2-6 poems or an essay/short story pasted into the body of an e-mail message to our editor at

          <editor(at)leahbrowning.net> (replace (at) with @).

          Complete submission guidelines: http://www.leahbrowning.net/Apple/Submit.html

          The Spring 2009 issue of the journal featured fiction by Matthew Grice, Tai Dong Huai, Lydia Williams, Arrie Brown, and Jozefina Cutura; an essay by Suzanne Cope; poetry by William Robert Flowers, Leslie LaChance, Sarah White, Gregory Lawless, Roger Jones, Ruth Foley, Steve Klepetar, Linda King, Lyn Lifshin, James Richard Brown, Chris Anderson, and Asha Choubey; and artwork by Mikel Glass.

          The Apple Valley Review would also like to congratulate Kathy Anderson--the recipient of the Apple Valley Review Editor's Prize for 2008, whose short story, "You Are the Bad Smell," was published in our Spring 2008 issue-
          -and three of the writers whose work appeared in the Fall 2007 and Spring 2008 issues. "Jane Austen's Toes," a poem by Rob Hardy, and "Thanksgiving," a poem by Pat Daneman, were selected by poet Dorianne Laux for the 2008 Best of the Net Anthology. "His Wife," a short story by Barry Jay Kaplan, was also one of five pieces of fiction selected by writer Andy Mozina for the annual anthology.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 11, 2010
            www.applevalleyreview.com

            The Apple Valley Review, a semiannual online literary journal, will be accepting submissions of poetry, short fiction, and essays for its Fall 2010 issue until Friday, August 20, 2010. Submissions are accepted year-round via e-mail. We prefer work that has both mainstream and literary appeal. All work must be original, previously unpublished, and in English. Please do not submit genre fiction, explicit work, or anything particularly violent or depressing. Also, please note that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. All published work is considered for our annual editor's prize.To submit, please send 2-6 poems or an essay/short story pasted into the body of an e-mail message to our editor at<editor(at)leahbrowning.net> (replace (at) with @). Complete submission guidelines: http://www.leahbrowning.net/Apple/Submit.htmlThe Apple Valley Review would also like to congratulate Leslie LaChance (2009 Best of the Net Anthology) and Matthew Grice (storySouth Million Writers Award notable story for 2009). The current issue, previous issues, subscription information, and complete submission guidelines for the Apple Valley Review are available athttp://www.applevalleyreview.com/