poetry book contest for women: Perugia Press

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
      PERUGIA PRESS PRIZE

      http://www.perugiapress.com

      – accepting submissions NOW!

      for a First or Second Book of Poetry by a Woman

      Prize: $1000 and publication

      A prize of $1000 and publication by Perugia Press is given annually for a

      first or second unpublished poetry collection by a woman.  Submit 48 to 72

      pages with a $22 entry fee between August 1 and November 15.  Send an

      e-mail, SASE, or visit the Web site for complete guidelines.

      Perugia Press -  Celebrating Poetry by Women since 1997

      P.O. Box 60364

      Florence, MA  01062

      info(at)perugiapress.com (replace (at) with @)

      http://www.perugiapress.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2008
        Perugia Press Prize

        for a First or Second Book by a Woman

        Prize: $1000 and publication

        http://www.perugiapress.com/contest.html

        Manuscript Requirements

        Send between 48 and 72 pages, on white, 8.5 x 11-inch paper, with legible typeface, pagination, and fastened with a removable clip. No more than one poem per page.

        Include two cover pages: one with title of manuscript, name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, and one with just title of manuscript. Cover letter and bio not required.

        Include contents and publications acknowledgments pages.

        Eligibility

        Poet must be a living US resident.

        Poet must have no more than one previously published book of poems. Chapbooks and books in other genres do not count. If the submission is for a second book, please indicate on acknowledgments page the title of your first book.

        Translations and previously self-published books are not eligible, nor are revisions; the winning manuscript may undergo revisions before publication.

        Terms

        An entry fee of $22 must accompany each submission, made payable to Perugia Press. You may submit more than one manuscript; each is considered a separate submission and must include a separate entry fee.

        Individual poems may have been published previously in magazines, journals, chapbooks of fewer than 48 pages, or anthologies, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished.

        Simultaneous submissions permitted. Notify Perugia Press if accepted elsewhere.

        Judging Process

        To be certain that manuscripts
        receive the fairest consideration, all manuscripts are submitted to the judging panel anonymously.

        Identifying material, acknowledgment pages, and bios are removed and filed for reference at the conclusion of the competition.

        All readers are trusted and respected by Perugia Press.

        Notification

        Winner is announced via e-mail or enclose SASE. Notification will be by April 1.

        Do not enclose SASE for return of manuscript; all manuscripts will be recycled at the conclusion of the competition. Please do not send your only copy.

        Deadline

        Entry must be postmarked between August 1 and November 15.

        Early submissions strongly encouraged.

        Mail Manuscript and Entry Fee to: (No FedEx or UPS)

        Perugia Press Prize

        P.O. Box 60364

        Florence, MA 01062

        Ethics Statement

        We endorse and agree to comply with the following statement released by the Council of Literary Magazines and Presses:

        CLMP's community of independent literary publishers believes that ethical contests serve our shared goal: to connect writers and readers by publishing exceptional writing. We believe that intent to act ethically, clarity of guidelines, and transparency of process form the foundation of an ethical contest. To that end, we agree to:

        1) conduct our contests as ethically as possible and to address any unethical behavior on the part of our readers, judges, or editors;

        2) provide clear and specific contest guidelines - defining conflict of interest for all parties involved; and

        3) make20the mechanics of our selection process available to the public.

        This Code recognizes that different contest models produce different results, but that each model can be run ethically. We have adopted this Code to reinforce our integrity and dedication as a publishing community and to ensure that our contests contribute to a vibrant literary heritage.
        =

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2012
          Perugia Press Prize
          for a First or Second Book by a Woman
          Prize: $1000 and publication
          http://www.perugiapress.com/contest.html

          Eligibility

          * Poet must have no more than one previously published book.
          Chapbooks and books in other genres do not count.
          * Translations and previously self-published books are not eligible.
          * If you have hired Perugia Press editor Susan Kan for a personal
          manuscript review of any of your work, you are not eligible to enter.
          * Individual poems many have been published previously in
          magazines, journals, anthologies, and chapbooks of fewer than 48
          pages, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished.
          * Simultaneous submissions are fine. Notify Perugia Press if
          accepted elsewhere.

          Process

          * Manuscripts are generally between 45 and 80 pages. Please submit
          manuscripts that fall within or close to this page count. Use 8.5 x
          11-inch white paper with legible typeface, pagination, contents, and
          no more than one poem per page.
          * A non-refundable entry fee of $25 must accompany each
          submission. You may submit more than one manuscript; each is
          considered separately and must include a separate entry fee.
          * Manuscripts must be submitted between August 1 and November 15.
          Winner is announced by April 1.
          * All manuscripts will be recycled or deleted at the conclusion of
          the competition. Please do not send your only copy.

          Judging

          * To be certain that manuscripts receive the fairest
          consideration, all manuscripts are submitted to the judging panel
          anonymously. Take care to follow instructions so that we can remove
          your name.
          * All readers are trusted and respected by Perugia Press.
          * We adhere to the CLMP Ethics Statement. See below.

          Online Submissions

          Submitting to us online is easy, saves you money in postage, and saves trees.

          * Remove identifying material (name, address, email, bio, etc.)
          from your manuscript and save as a single electronic file in .pdf
          format (e.g. poems.pdf). Other accepted formats are .rtf and .doc
          (MSWord).
          * Read and follow all application instructions on the online
          submissions page.
          * Use the submission form to upload your manuscript file.
          * Make your payment of $25 using your credit card at our secure site.

          By Mail

          * Remove identifying material (name, address, email, bio, etc.)
          from your manuscript.
          * Please include two cover pages: one with title of manuscript,
          name, address, telephone number, and email address, and one with title
          of manuscript only.
          * Cover letter and bio not required. Publications acknowledgments
          may be included.
          * Include a $25 check or money order made out to Perugia Press.
          * Fasten the pages with a removable clip.
          * Send manuscript and fee via USPS (not FedEx or UPS) to:
          Perugia Press Prize
          PO Box 60364
          Florence, MA 01062