online journal seeks submissions: grainshort/grainlong

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      Call for submissions: grain short/grain long

      http://sundress.net/grainshortgrainlong/

      The inaugural issue of grain short/grain long
      (http://www.sundress.net/grainshortgrainlong) is now available,
      featuring excellent work by Suzanne Grazyna, Virginia Reeves,
      Elizabeth Kate Switaj, & C. R. E. Wells in response to the theme
      "grain short/grain long."

      Our next issue will center around the theme "Collaboration / Stimulus
      / Response." We are looking for works that collaborate with, are
      stimulated by, &/or respond to other writers & artists. The vehicle --
      be it ekphrasis, tag-team writing, plain ol' inspiration, etc. -- is
      immaterial. We want to see what you come up with. This is a broad
      topic, so we hope to get a variety of interpretations.

      grain short/grain long is open to all types of poetry, prose, visual,
      & hybrid works. We are especially interested in submissions from
      women; Southerners; unknown, unpublished, & under-represented artists;
      or anyone whose projects have been described as "innovative,"
      "experimental," "avant-garde," "post-avant," "eccentric," or just
      plain "odd."

      Potential contributors may submit up to four (4) poems, four thousand
      (4,000) words of prose, or images up to 2 MB in response to the
      current call to <flaming.giblet(at)gmail.com>

      (replace (at) with @)

      Accepted file formats include JPG, TIFF, BMP, ODT, DOC, & RTF. Other
      formats will be considered on an individual basis -- query first.
      Projects that stretch the limits of print are welcome, so long as
      their execution is feasible within our (alas, oh so=2
      0limited)
      resources. Hint: Make it great. The more we love it, the more likely
      we are to finesse something for you.

      Submissions in response to "Collaboration / Stimulus / Response" will
      be accepted until December 31, 2008.