online journal seeks submissions: A River & Sound Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      A River & Sound Review, a live literary entertainment program, is expanding to include an online literary journal! We’ve featured writers from around the nation with our free podcasts and live shows. Now, we want to showcase the best writing we can find on our upcoming online magazine. We invite quality submissions in poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and humor. There are no limitations on form or subject matter.

      http://www.riverandsoundreview.org/

      General Guidelines (applies to all genres)

      Our reading period is from October 1 to December 31, 2008. Send submissions via email within the body of the text. In the Subject Line, place your full name followed by genre (i.e. Raymond Carver - Fiction Submission). Attachments will not be opened or read! Please include full contact information (name, address, phone number, email) within your message and a precise word count in all genres (except poetry). We accept only previously unpublished work. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but notify the appropriate editor immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.

      Poetry: send up to three poems to <RSRpoetryeditor(at)hotmail.com>. (Replace (at) with @)

      Fiction: send one story up to 6,000 words to RSRfictioneditor(at)hotmail.com. (Replace (at) with @)

      Nonfiction: send us one of your creative nonfiction manuscripts—including memoirs, essays, and reviews—up to 4,000 words toRSRnonfictioneditor(at)hotmail.com.

      Humor: send us one of your humo
      r manuscripts of indeterminate genre up to 2,000 words to RSRhumoreditor(at)hotmail.com.

      Response time will range from one to four months, but we will do our best to offer a prompt reply. We pay upon publication as funds permit. For more information, visit our website at www.riverandsoundreview(dot)org.

      Thank you for your interest and we look forward to reading your work!

      Sincerely,

      A River & Sound Review Staff