nonfiction position: University of Pittsburgh

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2008
      University of Pittsburgh. Pending Budgetary Approval, we anticipate a position, rank open, for a colleague in Nonfiction Writing, tenure-track, to teach undergraduate & MFA students.  Required:  MFA or other advanced degree; teaching experience; & extensive experience & publication in nonfiction, including creative non-fiction.  For a position as an Assistant Professor, we expect at least one book in addition to significant publication in magazines & journals; for a position as Associate or Full Professor, we expect appropriately advanced levels of experience & publication.   Applicants should be interested in helping to support a large, extremely active undergraduate major as well as a nationally recognized Master of Fine Arts.   Teaching experience is required.   Course load: normally 4/year.  Salaries competitive.  Tenure is awarded for excellence in teaching, research, publication & service. Applicants should send a letter & c.v. by November 1 to: David Bartholomae, Professor & Chair, Department of English, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA   15260. We plan to interview candidates at the MLA convention in San Francisco, or on campus in early January.   E-mail is available for additional information only: <barth(at)pitt.edu> (replace (at) with @)AA/EOE.