first poetry book contest: C&R Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2008
      2008 De Novo Poetry Contest

      C&R Press (www.crpress.org), a non-profit literary organization, is looking for the best manuscript from a previously unpublished American poet (a U.S. citizen who has not published a full-length collection of poetry before).  We are looking for manuscripts that exhibit striking language, memorable imagery, intellectual depth, and a respect for diversity in all areas of life.

      Please include:

      55-85 page-manuscript (single-spaced)

      two title sheets (one with contact information, one without)

      one-paragraph biography

      $25 entry fee payable to C&R Press--every entrant receives a copy of winning book with book-sized SASE (please include $2.23 postage)

      #10 SASE for results (optional--you may watch website for the announcement in November)

      Guidelines:

      Submission of more than one manuscript is acceptable; each manuscript must be submitted separately, each with entry fee and SASE

      Please let us know immediately if your manuscript is accepted by another publisher while under our consideration

      No revisions to submitted manuscripts will be considered; the winning manuscript may be revised before publication

      Manuscripts may consist of poems that have been published, but the manuscript as a whole must not have been previously published

      Close friends, former students, and current or former colleagues of the judge are ineligible

      Translations ineligible

      No faxed entries

      Electronic entries (.rtf, .doc., or .pdf attachments) to our email address below are encouraged--Please follow-up electroni
      c entries with Paypal payment or mail check

      Winner receives $500 and 20 copies.  All entries will be considered for publication.

      2008 De Novo Contest Deadline: postmarked on or before October 1st, 2008

      2008 Judge: Denise Duhamel

      C&R Press

      PO Box 4065

      Chattanooga, TN 37405