fiction/nonfiction/poetry contest: Alligator Juniper

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2008
      2009 National Writing Contest in Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, and Poetry

      http://www.prescott.edu/highlights/alligator_juniper/submit.html

      $10 Entry Fee
      $500 First-Place Prize
      Postmark Deadline: October 1, 2008

      Our annual contest awards $500 plus publication for the first-place winner in fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry. Additional winners selected for publication will be paid in copies. $10 entry fee, checks payable to Alligator Juniper. Every entrant receives one copy of the 2009 issue, a $10 value. The issue will come out in summer 2009. There is no theme for the 2009 issue. Work is selected upon artistic merit. By entering our contest you agree to allow us to select your work for publication even if it does not place first. We encourage submissions from writers of all levels, especially emerging or early-career writers. We accept simultaneous submissions; inform us in your cover letter and contact us immediately if your work is selected elsewhere.

      Submission Guidelines

      Submissions accepted May 1 through October 1, 2008 (postmark deadline).

      Include a brief cover letter, including the statement below.

      Include S.A.S.E for response only; manuscripts are recycled, not returned.

      Include a $10 entry fee payable to Alligator Juniper for each story or essay (30-page limit per entry), or up to five poems.

      Additional entries require additional fee.

      Indicate category with a large F, NF, or P on cover letter and mailing envelope.

      Manuscripts must be typed with numbered pages. Prose double-spaced.

      Doubl
      e-sided copies encouraged. No email submissions.

      Send to: Alligator Juniper, Prescott College, 220 Grove Ave., Prescott, AZ 86301.

      IMPORTANT: Unfortunately, due to problems with misinformed entrants and withdrawals, we ask that you include the following statement in your signed cover letter: "I have read and understand the guidelines for Alligator Juniper’s national writing contest."

      Back issues are available for all but 1995 (the premier issue) and 2001. Send $8 to above address and specify what year you would like to receive.

      Selection Process

      All entries are read and discussed by Prescott College students in the Alligator Juniper practicum class. This class is overseen each fall by two faculty members, each of whom is a working writer in the genres of poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction.

      All entrants receive a personal letter from one of our staff regarding the status of their submission. We usually inform in late January. The individual attention we devote to each manuscript takes time. We appreciate your patience.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2009
        2010 National Writing Contest in Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, and Poetry

        http://www.prescott.edu/alligator_juniper/submit.html
        $15 Entry Fee
        $500 First-Place Prize
        Postmark Deadline: October 1, 2009

        Our annual contest awards $500 plus publication for the fir st-place winner in fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry. Finalists will be noted as such in our journal, selected for publication, and paid in copies. $15 entry fee, checks or money orders payable to Alligator Juniper. Every entrant receives one copy of the 2010 issue, a $10 value. The issue will come out in summer 2010. There is no theme for the 2010 issue. Work is selected upon artistic merit. By entering our contest you agree to allow us to select your work for publication even if it does not place first. We encourage submissions from writers of all levels, especially emerging or early-career writers. We accept simultaneous submissions; please inform us in your cover letter and contact us immediately if your work is selected elsewhere.

        Submission Guidelines

        Submissions accepted May 1 through October 1, 2009 (postmark deadline).

        Include a brief cover letter, including the statement below.

        Include S.A.S.E for response only; manuscripts are recycled, not returned.

        Include a $15 entry fee payable to Alligator Juniper for each story or essay (30-page limit per entry), or up to five poems.

        Additional entries require additional fee.

        Indicate category with a large F, NF, or P on cover letter and mailing envelope.

        Manuscripts must be typed with n
        umbered pages. Prose double-spaced.

        Double-sided copies encouraged. No email submissions.

        Send to: Alligator Juniper, Prescott College, 220 Grove Ave., Prescott, AZ 86301.

        IMPORTANT: Unfortunately, due to past problems with misinformed entrants and withdrawals, we ask that you include the following statement in your signed cover letter: "I have read and understand the guidelines for Alligator Juniper’s na tional writing contest."

        Back issues are available for all but 1995 (the premier issue) and 2001. Send $8 to above address and request a copy from any year, 1996 to 2007, or $10 for a copy from 2008 or 2009.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 2011
          http://www.prescott.edu/experience/publications/alligatorjuniper/

          2012 Alligator Juniper National Writing Contest
          Categories: Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, and Poetry
          $15 Entry Fee
          *** $1,000 First-Place Prize ***

          Postmark Deadline: October 1, 2011
          Our annual contestawards $1,000 plus publication to the first-place winners in fiction, creativenonfiction, and poetry. Finalists will be noted as such in our journal,selected for publication, and paid in copies. $15 entry fee, checks or moneyorders payable to Alligator Juniper.Every entrant receives one copy of the 2012 issue, a $10 value. The issue willcome out in late spring 2012. There is no theme for the 2012 issue. Work isselected upon artistic merit. By entering our contest you agree to allow us toselect your work for publication even if it does not place first. We encouragesubmissions from writers of all levels, especially emerging or early-careerwriters. We accept simultaneous submissions; please inform us in your coverletter and contact us immediately if your work is selected elsewhere.
          SubmissionGuidelines
          1. Submissionsaccepted August 15 through October 1, 2011 (postmark deadline)
          --NOEARLIER OR LATER SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, nor will they be
          returned.
          2. Include a briefcover letter, including the statement below (see "Important").
          3. Include S.A.S.E forresponse only; manuscripts are recycled, not returned.
          4. Include a $15 entryfee payable to Alligator Juniperfor each story or essay (30-page
          limitper entry), or up to five poems.
          5. Additional entriesrequire additional fee.
          6. Indicate categorywith a large F, NF, or P on cover letter and mailing envelope.
          7. Manuscripts must betyped with numbered pages. Prose double-spaced.
          8. Double-sided copiesencouraged. No email submissions.
          9. Send to: AlligatorJuniper, Prescott College, 220 GroveAve., Prescott, AZ 86301.

          IMPORTANT: Unfortunately, due to recent problems withmisinformed entrants and withdrawals, we ask that you include the followingstatement in your signed cover letter:“My work may be considered for publication, even if it doesn’t win the contest.This signed statement constitutes permission for publication if it isselected.”
          Back issues are available for all but 1995 (the premier issue),2001, and 2007. Send $10 to above address and request a copy from any year,1996–2000, 2002–2006, or 2008–2011.
          Selection Process
          All entries are readand discussed by Prescott College students in the Alligator Juniper practicum class. This class is overseen each fall bytwo faculty members, both of whom are published writers, one a poet and one aprose writer.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 12, 2012
            http://www.prescott.edu/experience/publications/alligatorjuniper/writing-contest-guidelines.html
            National Writing Contest in Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, and Poetry
            $15 Entry Fee
            *** $1,000 First Place Prize ***

            Postmark Deadline: October 1, 2012

            Our annual contest awards $1000 plus publication for the first place winners in fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry. Finalists in each genre will be recognized as such, published, and paid in copies. Cost of entry: $15, checks or money orders payable to Alligator Juniper. Every entrant receives one copy of the 2013 issue, a $10 value. The issue will come out in late spring 2013. There is no theme for this issue; work is selected upon artistic merit. By entering our contest, you agree to allow us to select your work for publication, as a finalist. We encourage submissions from writers of all levels, including emerging or early-career writers. We accept simultaneous submissions; inform us in your cover letter and contact us immediately, should your work be selected elsewhere.

            Submission Guidelines
            Submissions accepted August 15 through October 1, 2012 (postmark deadline).
            Include a brief cover letter; please let us know if yours is a simultaneous submission.
            Include SASE for response only; manuscripts are recycled, not returned.
            Include a $15 entry fee payable to Alligator Juniper for each story or essay (30-page limit), or up to five poems. Additional categories require additional fee.
            Indicate category with a large F, NF, or P on cover letter and mailing envelope.
            Manuscripts must be typed with numbered pages. Prose double-spaced.
            Double-sided submissions are encouraged. No email submissions.
            Send to: Alligator Juniper, Prescott College, 220 Grove Avenue, Prescott, AZ 86301
            Note: We usually inform in January.
            Interested in reading Alligator Juniper?
            Back issues are available for all but 1995 (the premier issue), 2001, and 2007. Send $10 to above address and request a copy from any year: 1996–2000, 2002–2006, or 2008–2012.

            For a limited time, we are offering a subscription deal: for only $20, you will receive Alligator Juniper for two years, AND two free back issues—a $40 value!

            Questions?
            Email <alligatorjuniper(at)prescott.edu>

            Thank you for your interest in Alligator Juniper!