poetry contest: Winning Writers

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7 8:20 AM
      Closing This Month
      Tom Howard/John H. Reid Poetry Contest

      Postmark Deadline: September 30

      Now in its sixth year, this contest seeks poems in any style, theme or genre. Both published and unpublished poems are welcome. Fourteen cash prizes totaling $5,250 will be awarded, including a top prize of $2,000. The entry fee is $6 for every 25 lines you submit. Submit online or by mail. Early submission encouraged. This contest is sponsored by Tom Howard Books and assisted by Winning Writers. Judges: John H. Reid and Dee C. Konrad. See the complete guidelines and past winners: http://www.winningwriters.com/contests/tompoetry/tp_guidelines.php

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2010
        Tom Howard/John H. Reid Poetry Contest
        www.winningwriters.com/tompoetry

        Eighth year. Ten cash prizes totaling $5,550. Top prize $3,000. Submit poems in any style or genre. Both published and unpublished work accepted. Winning entries published online. Entry fee is $7 for every 25 lines, payable to Winning Writers. Postmark deadline: September 30. Judges: J.H. Reid, D.C. Konrad. Submit online or mail to Winning Writers, Attn: Tom Howard Poetry Contest, 351 Pleasant Street, PMB 222, Northampton, MA 01060. Winning Writers is one of the "101 Best Websites for Writers" (Writer's Digest, 2005-2009). More information: www.winningwriters.com/tompoetry

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12, 2010
          TOM HOWARD/JOHN H. REID POETRY CONTEST

          Eighth year. Ten cash prizes
          totaling $5,550. Top prize $3,000.

          Submit poems in any style or genre.
          Both published and unpublished work
          accepted. Winning entries published
          online.

          Entry fee is $7 for every 25 lines,
          payable to Winning Writers.

          Postmark deadline: September 30.

          Judges: John H. Reid, Dee C. Konrad.

          Submit online or mail to
          Winning Writers, Attn: Tom Howard
          Poetry Contest, 351 Pleasant Street,
          PMB 222, Northampton, MA 01060.

          Winning Writers is one of the
          "101 Best Websites for Writers"
          (Writer's Digest, 2005-2010).

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 13, 2013
            Tom Howard/Margaret Reid Poetry Contest

            11th year. Top prize for a poem in
            any style: $2,000. Top prize for
            a poem that rhymes or has a
            traditional style: $2,000. Total
            prizes: $5,500.

            Both published and unpublished
            work accepted. Winning entries
            published online. Entry fee is
            $8 for every 25 lines, payable
            to Winning Writers.

            Postmark deadline: September 30.
            Judges: John H. Reid, Dee C. Konrad.

            Submit online or mail to Winning
            Writers, Attn: Tom Howard/Margaret
            Reid Poetry Contest, 351 Pleasant
            Street, PMB 222, Northampton, MA 01060.

            Winning Writers is one of the
            "101 Best Websites for Writers"
            (Writer's Digest, 2005-2013).

            See guidelines and past winners at
            http://www.winningwriters.com/tompoetry
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 23 8:32 AM

              Tom Howard/Margaret Reid Poetry Contest

              The September 30 deadline is little more than a week away for our annual Tom Howard/Margaret Reid Poetry Contest.Ellaraine Lockie returns as judge. We will award 12 cash prizes—$4,000 in all—and publish the winners on our website. We'll also announce the results in our newsletter (50,000+ subscribers) and Twitter feed (52,000+ followers).
              $1,500 Tom Howard Prize for a poem in any style or genre
              $1,500 Margaret Reid Prize for a poem that rhymes or has a traditional style
              10 Honorable Mentions will receive $100 each (any category)
              • Entries may be published or unpublished
              • You may submit any number of entries
              • Fee: $10 per poem
              • Each poem may have up to 250 lines

              Submit entries at
              winningwriters.com/tompoetry
              Have you already entered the contest?
              You may submit additional entries up to the deadline date.
              Do you prefer to enter by mail?
              Please mail your entry and fee ($10 per poem) to:
                   Winning Writers
                   Attn: Tom Howard/Margaret Reid Poetry Contest
                   351 Pleasant Street, PMB 222
                   Northampton, MA 01060-3961
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 19, 2016
                TOM HOWARD/MARGARET REID POETRY CONTEST
                14th year. We will award the Tom Howard Prize of $1,500 for a poem in any style or genre, and the Margaret Reid Prize of $1,500 for a poem that rhymes or has a traditional style. Ten Honorable Mentions will receive $100 each (any style). The top 12 entries will be published online. Length limit: 250 lines per poem. Entry fee: $10 per poem. Final judge: S. Mei Sheng Frazier, assisted by Jim DuBois. Deadline: September 30.

                Guidelines for submitting here: https://winningwriters.com/our-contests/tom-howard-margaret-reid-poetry-contest
              • CRWROPPS LIST
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 10

                  Tom Howard/Margaret Reid Poetry Contest

                  Our 15th annual poetry contest welcomes both published and unpublished work. We'll award $1,500 to the best poem in any style, and $1,500 to the best poem that rhymes or has a traditional style. The top 12 poems will be published online. Submit at winningwriters.com/tompoetry