multigenre contest: New Millennium Writings

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2007
      $4,000 in Prizes, plus publication in NMW and on the Web at
      www.NewMillenniumWritings.com

      $1,000 for best Story; $1,000 for best Poem; $1,000 best
      Nonfiction( Nonfiction includes humor, memoir, creative nonfiction, travel, opinion,
      essay, interview, features, investigative reporting, etc.) Plus, $1,000 for best Short Sh
      ort Fiction (1,000-word limit)

      To Enter, follow these Guidelines, or enter on-line at www.writingawards.com.
      1. No restrictions as to style, content or number of submissions. Previously
      published pieces OK if online or under 5,000 print circulation. Enter as often
      as you like.
      2. Winners and selected finalists published in our 2008 issue and/or on-line
      at www.NewMillenniumWritings.com.
      3. Send between now and midnight of July 31, 2007 (postmark OK).
      4. Simultaneous & multiple submissions welcome. Previously published material
      welcome if under 5,000-circulation or online only in previous dissemination.
      5. Each fiction or nonfiction piece is counted as a separate entry, and
      should total no more than 6,000 words except Short-Short Fiction (no more than
      1,000 words).
      6. Each poetry entry may include up to three poems, not to exceed five pages
      total per entry.
      7. Include name, phone, address, email & category on cover page or letter
      only.
      8. Manuscripts not returned. Include email address or SASE for list of winners
      .
      9. Include $17 check payable to NMW with each submission.
      10. Send to: “NMW” Room EM, PO Box 2463, Knoxville, TN, 37901.To order our
      current issue, add $10.

        Message 3 of 9 , May 14 10:16 AM
          Midnight June 17 is the next deadline in our New Millennium Writings contests.
          (This deadline may be extended once only.)

          Enter as often as you like at www.writingawards.com or by US Mail or other carrier. See Guidelines below)
          All contestants will receive our 2011 quality paperback anthology.

          Awards and Contests

          $4,000 in Prizes, plus publication in NMW and on the Web at www.NewMillenniumWritings.com
          $1,000 each for best Short Fiction; best Short Short Fiction (1,000-word limit), best Poem, best Nonfiction
          (Nonfiction includes humor, memoir, creative nonfiction, travel, opinion, essay, interview, features, investigative reporting, etc.)

          Follow these Guidelines, or enter on-line at www.writingawards.com.
          1. No restrictions as to style, content or number of submissions. Enter as often as you like.
          2. Send between now and midnight of June 17 (postmark OK).
          3. Simultaneous & multiple submissions welcome. Previously published material welcome if under 5,000-circulation or if they were published online only.
          4. Each fiction or nonfiction piece is counted as a separate entry, and should total no more than 6,000 words except Short-Short Fiction (no more than 1,000 words).
          5. Each poetry entry may include up to three poems, not to exceed five pages total per entry. All poetry Honorable Mentions will be published.
          6. Cover sheet not required if entering online, as contact information is automatically forwarded to us when you pay. If including such a cover or letter, however, save it to the submission you'll be uploading and send in one file. (Those entering by US mail should include name, phone, address, email & category on cover page. Manuscripts not returned except in special cases. Include email address or SASE for list of winners.)
          7. Payment is $17 per submission. (If entering by mail, send to "NMW" Room EM, PO Box 2463, Knoxville, TN, 37901. To order our latest issue, add $10.
          Message 4 of 9 , May 26 6:27 AM
            Midnight June 17 is the next deadline in our New Millennium Writings contests.
            (This deadline may be extended once only.)

            Enter as often as you like at www.writingawards.com or by US Mail or other carrier. See Guidelines below.
            All contestants will receive our 2011 quality paperback anthology this coming winter.

            Awards and Contests

[...]

            7. Payment is $17 per submission (3 poems OR 1 piece of fiction or nonfiction). (If entering by mail, send to "NMW" Room EM, PO Box 2463, Knoxville, TN, 37901. To order our latest issue, add $10.
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 13, 2010
              Deadline has been extended (once only) to July 31 in our New Millennium Writings contests.
              (This deadline will not be extended.)

              Enter as often as you like at www.writingawards.com or by US Mail or other carrier. See Guidelines below.
              All those submitting will receive our 2011 quality paperback anthology this coming winter.

              Grants and Awards

              $4,000 in Grants and Awards, plus publication in NMW and on the Web at www.NewMillenniumWritings.com
              $1,000 each for best Short Fiction;
              best Short-Short Fiction (1,000-word limit),
              best Poem,
              best Nonfiction
              (Nonfiction includes humor, memoir, creative nonfiction, travel, opinion, essay, interview, features, investigative reporting, etc.)

              Follow these Guidelines, or enter on-line at www.writingawards.com.
              1. No restrictions as to style, content or number of submissions. Enter as often as you like.
              2. Send between now and midnight of July 31 (postmark OK).
              3. Simultaneous & multiple submissions welcome. Previously published material welcome if under 5,000-circulation or if they were published online only.
              4. Each fiction or nonfiction piece is counted as a separate entry, and should total no more than 6,000 words except Short-Short Fiction (no more than 1,000 words).
              5. Each poetry entry may include up to three poems, not to exceed five pages total per entry. All poetry Honorable Mentions will be published.
              6. Cover sheet requested but not required if entering online, as contact information is automatically forwarded to us when you pay. If including such a cover or letter, however, save it with the submission you'll be uploading and send in one file. (Those entering by US mail should include name, phone, address, email & category on cover page. Manuscripts not returned except in special cases. Include email address or SASE for list of winners. Send to “NMW” Room EM, PO Box 2463, Knoxville, TN, 37901. To order our latest issue, add $10.)
              7. Payment is $17 per submission (3 poems OR 1 piece of fiction or nonfiction).

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 16, 2010
                We are pleased to announce the New Millennium Writings
                Awards for Short-Short Fiction and Nonfiction in the 30th NMW
                competitions, which had a final deadline of July 31.

                The deadline in our current competitions is November 17 (May be
                extended once only). See rules below.
                First Place honorees and some finalists, including all poetry Honorable
                Mentions, will be published at www.NewMillenniumWritings.com and in our
                2011 issue, which contestants will receive this winter.

                Enter as often as you like at www.writingawards.com or by US Mail or
                other carrier. See Guidelines below.
                All contestants will receive our 2012 quality paperback anthology.
                Winners of these awards will be announced in May, 2011.

                Awards and Grants

                $4,000 in Prizes, plus publication in NMW and on the Web at
                www.NewMillenniumWritings.com
                $1,000 each for best Short Fiction; best Short-Short Fiction
                (1,000-word limit), best Poem, best Nonfiction
                (Nonfiction includes humor, memoir, creative nonfiction, travel,
                opinion, essay, interview, features, investigative reporting, etc.)

                Follow these Guidelines, or enter on-line at www.writingawards.com.
                1. No restrictions as to style, content or number of submissions. Enter
                as often as you like.
                2. Send between now and midnight of Nov. 17, 2010, (postmark OK).
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 26, 2011
                  New Millennium Writings is now accepting submissions
                  for ourThirty-second Consecutive Awards for Fiction, Poetry, and Nonfiction.
                  Writing competition winners will be published in NMW and on this website.
                  http://www.newmillenniumwritings.com/awards.php

                  $4,000 offered in Literary Grants and Awards, Plus Publication
                  $1,000 for best Poem
                  $1,000 for best Fiction
                  $1,000 for best Nonfiction †
                  $1,000 for best Short-short Fiction

                  Mail to "NMW," Room M2, PO Box 2463, Knoxville, TN 37901. Entries should be postmarked on or before July 31, 2011.
                  Send $17 check or money order drawn on an American bank, payable to New Millennium Writings to cover our many expenses and reserve your book.
                  Include cover letter or title page with name, address, phone and email address.
                  Paperclips preferred.
                  Send business-size SASE or email address for list of winners.
                  Manuscripts recycled, not returned, unless specifically requested. (Include SASE with sufficient return postage.)
                  Instructions for applying online at

                  http://www.newmillenniumwritings.com/awards.php

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 9, 2012
                    http://www.newmillenniumwritings.com/awards.php
                    We've extended our deadline

                    In the New Millennium Writings Summer Contest, to midnight, July 31, 2012. This deadline will not be extended.

                    $4,000 in Prizes, plus publication in NMW and on the Web at www.NewMillenniumWritings.com
                    $1,000 best Nonfiction; $1,000 for best Story; $1,000 for best Poem; $1,000 for best Short-short story (1,000-word limit)
                    (Nonfiction includes humor, memoir, creative nonfiction, travel, opinion, essay, interview, features, investigative reporting, etc.)

                    Winners of The New Millennium Awards for Writing are showcased along with interviews, profiles and tributes to famous writers, present and past, such as Cormac McCarthy, Pamela Uschuk, Kurt Vonnegut, Allen Wier, William Pitt Root, J. D. Salinger, Julia Glass, Shel Silverstein, Khaled Hosseini, George Garrett, Ken Kesey, John Updike, Lee Smith, Lucille Clifton, Shelby Foote, Paul West, Norman Mailer, Sharyn McCrumb, William Kennedy, Walker Percy, Robert Penn Warren and many others. Also, prize-winning stories, poems & articles, humor, graphic arts, writing advice and more.

                    To Enter, follow these Guidelines, or enter at www.writingawards.com. It's easy.
                    1. No restrictions as to style, content or number of submissions. Enter as often as you like. Materials previously published OK if only online and/or under 5000 print circulation.
                    2. Winners and selected finalists---including all poetry finalists---will be published, with permission, in our 2013 issue--which contestants will receive--and/or on-line at www.writingawards.com.
                    3. Send between now and midnight of July 31, 2012.
                    4. Simultaneous & multiple submissions welcome.
                    5. Each fiction or nonfiction piece is counted as a separate entry, and should total no more than 6,000 words except short-short fiction (no more than 1,000 words).
                    6. Each poetry entry may include up to three poems, not to exceed five pages total per entry. All 20 poetry finalists will be published, pending authors' permissions. If entering online, upload up to 3 poems in a single file, per entry.
                    7. Include name, phone, address, email & category on cover page or page 1 only, (upload in one file, if entering online). However, should you neglect this, don't worry. PayPal provides plenty of contact information.
                    8. Mailed manuscripts are recycled, so include SASE or email address for a list of winners.
                    9. Include $17 check payable to NMW with each submission.
                    10. Enter online at www.writingawards.com or send by U.S. Mail or other carrier to: "NMW" Room EM, PO Box 2463, Knoxville, TN, 37901.
                    To order a sample issue, add $10.

                    Watch for Fiction Winners of our Winter competition to be named in coming weeks
                    For more, visit www.newmillenniumwritings.com and click on Latest News.
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 19, 2014

                      New Millennium Writings 38th Competition

                      Deadline: June 17. Our 38th competition will award $4,000.
                      $1,000 each for the Best Poem, Best Fiction, Best Nonfiction, and Best Short-Short Fiction.
                      Newcomers are published alongside famous writers, in our anthology and online. Previously published pieces welcome if under 5,000 in circulation or online only.