poetry contest: Tiger's Eye

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
      The Annual Tiger's Eye Poetry Contest
      tigerseye.blogspot.com
      $500, $100, $50

      Judge: Carol Aronoff

      Carol Alena Aronoff, Ph.D. is a psychologist, teacher and writer whose poetry
      has
      appeared in Comstock Review, Potpourri, Poetic Realm, Poetica, Mindprints,
      Dream
      Fantasy International, Beginnings, Hawaii Island Journal, In Our Own Words,
      Theater
      of the Mind, Animals in Poetry, From the Web, HeartLodge, Out of Line,
      Sendero,
      Buckle&, Iodine, Asphodel, Tiger's Eye, Nomad's Choir, and The New Verse
      News.

      Dr. Aronoff received a prize in the 1999/2000 Common Ground spiritual poetry
      contest, judged by Jane Hirshfield and is a Pushcart Prize nominee. She won
      the
      Tiger's Eye blog contest on the writing life and has participated three times
      in
      Braided Lives, a collaboration of artists and poets. Her illustrated poetry
      book, The
      Nature of Music, was published by Pelican Pond in 2005, Cornsilk, in 2006,
      and Her
      Soup Made the Moon Weep will be published in 2007.

      Send up to three poems, no limit on length, subject, or form, along with a
      short bio,
      SASE and $10. We accept simultaneous submissions, but insist on original,
      unpublished works. Please note contest deadline as February 28th, 2008. To
      work
      well with Poet's Market's publication date and our own deadlines, we chose
      this later
      date. Anything mailed now will be held until then. The winning poems will
      appear in
      the Mid-Spring 2008 Issue. We always use independent judges.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2008
          The Tiger's Eye Poetry Contest has returned to planet earth
          http://www.tigerseyejournal.com/Tiger%20Musings.htm

          with larger prizes: $500/$100/$50
          a new deadline: 2/28/2008
          and a bolt from the blue:

          One contest entrant will be awarded a chapbook contract. This prize is in
          addition to the top three prizes, and consists of 50 copies and publication in
          the Mid-Spring 2008 issue. The three poems submitted to the contest will be
          considered a representation of your best work. If your poems are selected, we will
          ask for additional poetry, and work with you to develop a gorgeous 20-30-page
          chapbook. The chapbook winner will be chosen by the editors of Tiger's Eye.

          Send three poems (name only on cover letter only)/short bio/SASE/$10 to:
          Tiger's Eye Poetry Contest
          P.O Box 2935
          Eugene, Oregon
          97402

          Peter Schwartz will grace the cover of Issue #14 with one of his original
          works in color. He is also the editor of 'eye,' so you may want to check out his
          art and his journal.  http://www.watchtheeye.com
          And welcome, Amber Lily, to a troubled but awesome earth.
          Colette Jonopulos & JoAn Osborne, Editors

          Send all of your submissions, journal and contest entries, to:
          Tiger' Eye, P.O. Box 2935, Eugene, OR 97402.

          Contest Guidelines:
          Send up to three poems, no limit on length, subject, or form, along with a
          short bio, SASE and $10. We accept simultaneous submissions, but insist on
          original, unpublished work. Contest deadline: February 28th, 2008. The winning
          poems will appear in the Mid-Spring 2008 Issue.
          Judge: Carol Aronoff

          Carol Alena Aronoff, Ph.D. is a psychologist, teacher and writer whose poetry
          has appeared in Comstock Review, Potpourri, Poetic Realm, Poetica,
          Mindprints, Dream Fantasy International, Beginnings, Hawaii Island Journal, In Our Own
          Words, Theater of the Mind, Animals in Poetry, From the Web, HeartLodge, Out of
          Line, Sendero, Buckle&, Iodine, Asphodel, Tiger 's Eye, Nomad's Choir, and
          The New Verse News.  Dr. Aronoff received a prize in the 1999/2000 Common Ground
          spiritual poetry contest, judged by Jane Hirshfield and is a Pushcart Prize
          nominee.  She won the Tiger's Eye blog contest on the writing life and has
          participated three times in Braided Lives, a collaboration of artists and
          poets. Her illustrated poetry book, The Nature of Music, was published by Pelican Pond
          in 2005, Cornsilk, in 2006, and Her Soup Made the Moon Weep was published in
          2007.