fiction & poetry contest: Black Warrior Review

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
      BWR's Fourth-EverĀ
      Fiction & Poetry Contest!

      http://blackwarrior.webdelsol.com/contest.html

      We know you've been holding on to that perfect story all year so you can blow away the compeition. Well, the time has come to unveil it. The Fourth-Ever Black Warrior Review Contest is in full effect! Get those stories in ASAP. All entries must bepostmarked by October 1, 2008.

      Guest Judges this year are Tomaz Salamun(poetry) and Lydia Millet (fiction).

      Send your entry to:
      Fiction Contest OR Poetry Contest
      Black Warrior Review
      Box 862936
      Tuscaloosa, AL 35486

      The Black Warrior Review will only consider previously unpublished work.

      Finalists in each category will receive notation in the Spring 2009
      issue and are also considered for publication.

      Each entry must include name, phone number, and email on cover sheet only, as well as SASE and reading fee.

      The Reading Fee is $15 per short story (up to 7500 words) and $15 per group of up to 3 poems. Make checks payable to The University of Alabama.

      All contestants will also receive a complimentary one-year
      subscription. That's a whole dollar cheaper than ordering by
      conventional means. It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the
      century!

      Again, all entries must be postmarked by October 1, 2008.

      Thanks for your interest and good luck. We look forward to your
      submission!