fiction book contest: Texas Review Press
- Texas Review Press
George Garrett Fiction Prize Competition
Rules and Guidelines
Mail to: Texas Review Press
Department of English
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2146
1. Submitted manuscripts must be postmarked by September 15.
2. Manuscripts may be up to 250 pages in length.
3. Manuscripts are handled as blind submissions at all levels of the judging process.
4. Manuscripts must be submitted to the address above with two title pages—one with the
author's name, address, and telephone number, and one without.
5. The author's name must not appear on any other page of the manuscript.
6. The envelope label should be clearly labeled “George Garrett Fiction Prize Competition.” 7.
SASE must be included for the purpose of a reply only; manuscripts will not be returned.
8. A reading fee of $20 must accompany each manuscript. Checks should be made out to
“Friends of the Texas Review Press.”
9. Each person who enters the contest will receive a one-year subscription to The Texas Review,
and will also receive discounts on winning books.
10. The winning manuscript will receive a cash prize of $200 and publication.
11. The manuscripts are first judged by a network of published writers. The final ra
concluded by major American writers.
12. All judges have pledged to return to TRP immediately any manuscript whose author they
have identified. Any manuscripts so returned will be sent to another initial judge. In the case of a
finalist manuscript being returned, it will be an automatic finalist in the following year's
NOTE: Some years we publish the best book of short fiction and the best novel.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]