call for submissions: New Plains Review

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 26, 2008
      Call for Submissions:

      The New Plains Review is seeking stories, essays and poems on the subject of
      writing workshops and MFA experiences for its fall issue, devoted to the
      theme of how writers grow--or not--in educational settings. Submit original
      work by email to Editor Douglas Goetsch at douglasgoetsch(at)gmail.com

      (replace (at) with @)(as Word attachment or typed into the body of the email);

      or send hard copy to:

      Submissions, New Plains Review, 100 N. University Dr., Box 184, Edmond, OK,
      73034. Deadline is Sept. 24, 2008. Note: We will gladly consider previously
      published work if the author owns the rights to it.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 29, 2008

        Call for submissions: NEW PLAINS REVIEW

        The NEW PLAINS REVIEW seeks writing on the theme of “Service” for its spring 2009 issue. We invite you to interpret “service” broadly: military and community service, school service requirements, jury duty, all forms of volunteering, religious services, food service, customer service, serving a subpoena or tennis ball, etc. We’re interested in poetry, fiction, essays and creative nonfiction that is thoughtful and compelling, and we’ll reprint previously published work (provided the author owns the copyright).

        NEW PLAINS will also run a “letters” column of short, informal pieces relating experiences of “service.” The editors are looking for detail, honesty and brevity in these letters.

        Deadline is February 16, 2009. Submit by email (as a Word attachment) to Executive Editor Douglas Goetsch at <doug(at)janestreet.org> (replace (at) with @)
         or send hard copies to NEW PLAINS REVIEW, Submissions, Box 184, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK 73034. Please put email, phone and postal contact on the first page of your submission.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 10, 2008
          Call for submissions: New Plains Review

          The New Plains Review seeks writing on the theme of Service for its spring issue. We interpret "service" broadly: military and community service, school service requirements, jury duty, all forms of volunteering, religious services, food service, customer service, serving a subpoena, etc. We're interested in poetry, fiction, essays and creative nonfiction that is thoughtful and compelling, and we'll reprint previously published work (provided the author controls the copyright).

          Deadline is February 17, 2009. Submit by email (as a Word attachment) to Executive Editor Douglas Goetsch at <doug(at)janestreet.org> (replace (at) with @), or send hard copies to New Plains Review, Submissions, Box 184, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK 73034. Please put email, phone and postal contact on the first page of each piece you submit.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 12, 2009
            CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

            The New Plains Review, the recent literary home of such authors as Stephen Dunn, Billy Collins, Galway Kinnell, and Julianna Baggott, seeks quality fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction for its Fall 2009 issue. All submissions are automatically eligible for the $1000.00 editors’ prize.

            Deadline is August 15, 2009. E-mail submissions are preferred (as a Word attachment). Send to Executive Editor Shay Rahm-Barnett at <shayNewPlains(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @) or send hard copies to New Plains Review, Submissions, Box 184, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK 73034.

            E-mail, phone and postal contact is required on the first page of each piece you submit.  Submissions without complete contact information will not be considered.

            For full guidelines and to submit work please go here:http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/newplains/index.htm

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2009
              The New Plains Review, the recent literary home of such authors as Stephen Dunn, Billy Collins, Galway Kinnell, and Julianna Baggott, seeks quality fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction.
              http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/newplains/

              We are interested in poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction that is thoughtful and compelling, but otherwise we do not have any specific guidelines for style or subject matter. We no longer arrange issues with thematic topics. On occasion, we do publish issues with special sections; always look at our Special Section announcements on our website before submitting.
              We do accept simultaneous submissions. We do not accept previously published work. Your submission gives us permission to publish your work online. At this time, we do not pay upon publication. Each submission is, however, automatically eligible for the editors’ prize.*
              Submit your poetry, fiction, or creative nonfiction by January 15th for our Spring Issue to<shayNewPlains(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)>. Allow 6-8 weeks for response. Attach submissions in either Word (.doc or .docx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please include type of submission (poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction) in the subject line.
              Back issues of New Plains Review are $10, when available. E-mail <newplainsreview(at)yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @)
              newplainsreview@... or call our office at 405-974-5613 to place an order.
              *On occasion, an editors' prize is awarded. Student writing prizes are also awarded periodically. These prizes will be announced on our homepage.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 22, 2010
                New Plains Review
                Call for Submissions

                We are interested in poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction that is thoughtful and compelling, but otherwise we do not have any specific guidelines for style or subject matter. We no longer arrange issues with thematic topics, but be sure to check out our Special Section online for announcements as each issue usually contains a section focused on a specific topic relevant to Oklahoma and the Plains.

                We do accept simultaneous submissions. We do not accept previously published work. Your submission gives us permission to publish your work online. At this time, we do not pay upon publication. Each submission is, however, automatically eligible for the editors' prize. $500 Editors’ Prize available for winning submission.

                Submit your poetry, fiction, or creative nonfiction by August 15 to <shayNewPlains(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @). Allow 6-8 weeks for response. Attach submissions in either Word (.doc or .docx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please include type of submission (poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction) in the subject line.

                Please see the Editorial Guidelines section of our website for more details:
                http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/newplains/