poetry chapbook repost: Concrete Wolf

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2008
      2008 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest

      http://ConcreteWolf .com./current/ contest.htm

      Postmark Deadline: November 3, 2008

      Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook

      Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

      Final Judge: Elizabeth Austen

      We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse. We probably slightly favor lyric and narrative poetry to language and concrete, but excellent examples of any style get our attention.

      Submission Guidelines

      16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements (if applicable).

      Please number all your pages.

      Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

      Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

      SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

      Include a 6.5" by 9.5" postage-paid envelope stamped with $1.99 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

      Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

      Winner will be announced in February 2009 and published Summer 2009.

      Let us know if you need additional info: concretewolf( at)yahoo. com (replace (at) with @)

      For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications  page.

      Mail20to:

      Concrete Wolf
      PO Box 1808
      Kingston, WA 98346