prose chapbook contest: Spire Press

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2008
      Special Prose Chapbook Contest

      http://www.spirepress.org/contest.html

      $200 + 20 copies and standard publishing contract

      This contest is new and offered for the first time. We are looking for a memoir, long short story, a small collection of flash fiction, or other innovative prose for a prose chapbook.

      The Prose chapbook, if a collection, should have an original theme binding the pieces together.

      Please send manuscripts of 18-28 pages, double-spaced, and a $10 entry fee.

      Include your name and title(s) only on a cover sheet and not on the manuscript.

      Deadline is September 30th, 2008.

      The editors reserve the right to return all manuscripts and fees if we do not find a manuscript we fall in love with.

      This contest will be judged blindly. Please see the general contest information at

      http://www.spirepress.org/contest.html

      Spire Press, Inc.
      532 LaGuardia Place, Suite 298,
      New York, NY 10012

      tel: 646.736.7701

      email: info@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2008
        Special Prose Chapbook Contest

        $200 + 20 copies and standard publishing contract

        http://www.spirepress.org/contest.html

        This contest is new and offered for the first time. We are looking for a memoir, long short story, a small collection of flash fiction, or other innovative prose for a prose chapbook.

        The Prose chapbook, if a collection, should have an original theme binding the pieces together.

        Please send manuscripts of 18-28 pages, double-spaced, and a $10 entry fee.

        Include your name only on a cover sheet and not on the manuscript. Include the title of the entire collection on the cover sheet and each page of the manuscript.