nonfiction job: Univ of Wyoming

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2008
      ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, Creative Writing - Non Fiction - #0603
      Department: English College of Arts & Sciences

      The English Department invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in nonfiction to join the MFA faculty, appointment to begin in Fall 2009. We seek a colleague with an active publication record in nonfiction, who will offer graduate and undergraduate courses in nonfiction literature and workshops in nonfiction writing. We hope for a colleague whose publications might focus on any approach to nonfiction (lyric essay, science writing, nature writing, travel writing, memoir, etc.), but who in any case is actively inquiring into the nature of nonfiction, and whose work as a writer and teacher will complement the interdisciplinary interests of current faculty and students.
      MFA or PhD in creative writing or relevant field, or equivalent experience. One book or equivalent record of prominent national publication required. Our new colleague will maintain an active publication record, teach a range of coursework in creative writing and literature, and work closely with MFA students, including serving on and chairing thesis committees.

      Application Materials Required:
      Please send letter of application, c.v., writing sample, 3 letters of reference, and evidence of successful teaching to Beth Loffreda, Director, MFA in Creative Writing, University of Wyoming, English Department 3353, Laramie, WY 82071. Review of applications will begin November 1st, 2008. Interviews at MLA. The University of Wyoming is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.

      Application Information

      Postal Address:

      University of Wyoming
      1000 E. University Ave