fiction contest: Crab Creek Review

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2008
      Crab Creek Review, a perfect-bound print literary journal dedicated to publishing the best poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction for the last 25 years is now taking submissions for its 2009 Crab Creek Review Fiction Prize.

      We are currently accepting submissions for the Crab Creek Review Fiction Prize from July 1, 2008 through November 30, 2008. We are offering a $100 prize and publication in Crab Creek Review.   All entries will be considered for publication in the Spring/Summer 2009 issue.

      The Crab Creek Review Fiction Contest entry period is:
      July 1 through November 30, 2008.

      (postmark date)

      Crab Creek Fiction Prize Submission Guidelines

      Submit each story, up to 3,000 words

      Unpublished fiction only

      Simultaneous submissions acceptable when noted in cover letter, as long as we are notified immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere

      Entry fee: $10 per story

      Include SASE and check payable to Crab Creek Review

      No electronic submissions

      The winner to be determined by our guest judge -- to be announced

      Please send submissions to:

      Crab Creek Review Fiction Contest
      c/o 7315 34th Ave NW
      Seattle, WA 98117

      For more information on the Crab Creek Review, please visit our website at:  http://www.crabcreekreview.org

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 18, 2008
        The Fiction Contest entry period is

        July 1 through November 30

        http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm

        We will accept submissions from July 1, 2008 through November 30, 2008.   Our prize is $100 and publication in Crab Creek Review. All entries will be considered for publication in the Spring/Summer 2009 issue.

        Crab Creek Fiction Contest Submission Guidelines

        Entry fee: $10 per story

        =

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2009
          Annual Fiction Contest (Sept. 15 - Nov. 16): Crab Creek Review

          Award winning writer, Kathleen Alcala will be the contest judge.

          Submit your original, unpublished fiction (up to 3,000 words) and win $100 and publication in Crab Creek Review. All contest submissions will be considered for publication. $10 entry fee. Please read the complete contest guidelines:

          http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 9, 2010
            Crab Creek Review Annual Fiction Contest
            http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm

            Deadline: Nov. 30th, 2010
            PRIZE: $150 & Publication
            (All contest submissions will be considered for possible publication in Crab Creek Review)
            SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

            Original, previously unpublished fiction up to 3,000 words, double spaced.
            Name and contact info must NOT appear on any pages of the fiction piece.
            Please include a cover letter with your name, address, telephone number, email address, and the title of your story with a brief bio.
            Please include a $10 entry fee (check made payable to Crab Creek Review) and a SASE.
            Postmark deadline is Nov. 30th, 2010.
            Mail submissions to:
            Crab Creek Review Fiction Contest
            c/o 7315 34th Ave NW
            Seattle, WA 98117
            Winner will receive $150 and publication in Crab Creek Review.
            All contest submissions will be considered for publication.
            Simultaneous submissions are permitted as long as Crab Creek Review is notified immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
            Contest Judge: Kathryn Trueblood. Learn more about our judge here: www.kathryntrueblood.com

            For more details about our fiction contest or Crab Creek Review, please visit our website at:
            www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 7, 2010
              Crab Creek Review Fiction Contest: Sept. 15th - Dec. 31, 2010
              http://www.crabcreekreview.org/contest.htm

              SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

              Original, previously unpublished fiction up to 3,000 words, double spaced.
              Name and contact info must NOT appear on any pages of the fiction piece.
              Please include a cover letter with your name, address, telephone number, email address, and the title of your story with a brief bio.
              Please include a $10 entry fee (check made payable to Crab Creek Review) and a SASE.
              Postmark deadline is Dec. 31, 2010.
              Mail submissions to:
              Crab Creek Review Fiction Contest
              c/o 7315 34th Ave NW
              Seattle, WA 98117
              Winner will receive $150 and publication in Crab Creek Review.
              All contest submissions will be considered for publication.
              Simultaneous submissions are permitted as long as Crab Creek Review is notified immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
              Contest Judge: Kathryn Trueblood
              If you are an associate and/or student of the judge, we ask that you not submit.
              Kathryn Trueblood is the author of The Baby Lottery, which was a Book Sense Pick in 2007, and The Sperm Donor's Daughter, which received a Special Mention for the Pushcart Prize in 2000. She has co-edited two anthologies of multicultural literature, The Before Columbus Foundation Fiction Anthology: Selections from the American Book Awards with Ishmael Reed and Shawn Wong, (W.W. Norton, 1992); also Homeground, which won the Jurors' Choice Award at the Seattle's City Arts Festival. Her stories and articles have been published in Poets & Writers Magazine, Rain Taxi Review of Books, Publishers Weekly, The Seattle Weekly, Glimmer Train, and Zyzzyva, among others. She is an Associate Professor of English at Western Washington University.
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 16, 2011
                Crab Creek Review's Annual Fiction Contest has now begun!

                SUBMISSION GUIDELINES for the CRAB CREEK REVIEW FICTION PRIZE:

                Original, previously unpublished fiction up to 3,000 words, double spaced.
                Name and contact info must NOT appear on any pages of the fiction piece.
                Please include a cover letter with your name, address, telephone number, email address, and the title of your story with a brief bio.
                Please include a $10 entry fee (check made payable to Crab Creek Review).
                Check back on our website in January 2012 for contest results.
                Postmark deadline is Dec. 15, 2011
                Mail submissions to:
                Crab Creek Review Fiction Contest
                c/o 7315 34th Ave NW
                Seattle, WA 98117
                Do not send contest submissions via email
                Winner will receive $150 and publication in Crab Creek Review.
                All contest submissions will be considered for publication.
                Simultaneous submissions are permitted as long as Crab Creek Review is notified immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
                Contest Judge: TBA

                Crab Creek Review is a 28 year old non-profit literary journal printed in Seattle, Washington.
                More information about Crab Creek Review can be found on our website:www.crabcreekreview.org

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 24, 2011
                  Crab Creek Review 2011 Fiction Contest
                  Submission Dates: Sept. 15 - Dec. 15

[...]
                  Contest Judge: Kim Barnes (we ask that friends, students, and associates of the judge not to submit to this year's contest)
                  Kim Barnes is the author of two memoirs and three novels, most recently In the Kingdom of Men, the story of a young American couple living in 1960s Saudi Arabia (Knopf, May, 2012). A Country Called Home, which received the 2009 PEN Center USA Literary Award in Fiction, was named a best book of 2008 by The Washington Post, Kansas City Star, and The Oregonian. She is the recipient of the PEN/Jerard Fund Award for an emerging woman writer of nonfiction, and her first memoir, In the Wilderness, was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize. Her work has appeared in a number of journals and anthologies, including the New York Times, MORE Magazine, O Magazine, Good Housekeeping, Fourth Genre, The Georgia Review, Shenandoah, and the Pushcart Prize anthology. Barnes is a professor of English and teaches writing at the University of Idaho. She lives with her husband, the poet Robert Wrigley, on Moscow Mountain.