poetry contest: Wabash Prize, Sycamore Review
- 2008 Wabash Prize for Poetry
Final Judge: Billy Collins
First Prize: $1000 and winning entry published in Winter/Spring 2009 issue
Entries of honorable mention also published in Winter/Spring 2009 issue
Complete Guidelines for Contest Submissions
Deadline: Entries must be received by October 17, 2008. This is NOT a postmark deadline. Entries received after October 17, 2008 will be returned unread.
1. Submit up to three (3) poems. Each poem should appear on a seperate piece of paper and poems longer than a page should be clearly numbered. For each additional poem a three dollar ($3) reading fee is required.
2. A $10 reading fee payable to Sycamore Review must accompany each entry (up to three poems). Do not send cash. When sending more than one entry, additional reading fees must also be included.
3. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable only if Sycamore Review is notified immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
4. All entries must be typed and must include a cover letter with author's name and contact information (address, telephone, and email address) as well as the titles and word counts of all entries submitted. The author’s name or any identifying information should not appear on the manuscript itself.
5. Manuscript pages should be numbered and should include the title of the piece.
6. Please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard if you wish to be notified upon receipt o
f your manuscript.
7. Manuscripts will not be returned. Winners will be announced by November 14, 2008. For information on winners and runners-up, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with entry.
8. All contest submissions will be considered for regular inclusion in the Sycamore Review.
9. Questions may be directed to Mehdi Okasi, Editor-in-Chief, <sycamore(at)purdue.edu> (replace (at) with @)
Send 2008 Wabash Prize for Fiction submissions and reading fee to:
2008 Wabash Prize for Fiction
Department of English
500 Oval Drive
West Lafayette , IN 47907
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]