poetry contest: RHINO

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2008
      RHINO:

      THE POETRY FORUM

      FOUNDERS POETRY PRIZE

      A NEW CONTEST OPEN TO ALL POETS

      WITH A DISTINCTIVE VOICE

      http://www.rhinopoetry.org/pages/contests.html

      One winning poem will receive $300 and publication in the next issue. Two runners up will receive $50. The poems selected will be posted on our web site.

      Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total).

      GUIDELINES: Submissions must include a cover letter listing your name, address, email address and/or telephone number as well as titles of the poems. No identifying information should appear on the poems. Manuscripts will not be returned. Include a SASE for notification of results.

      Enclose a $10 entry fee (make checks payable to RHINO).

      Label your contest submission: "Founders Contest." Submissions must be postmarked between June 1 - September 1. No electronic submissions please.

      All contest submissions will also be considered for regular publication in the 2009 edition of RHINO. Mail submission to:

      RHINO, The Poetry Forum

      P.O. Box 591

      Evanston, IL 60204

      Winners and runners up will be announced in the Fall on our web site.

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 9, 2008
        RHINO:
        THE POETRY FORUM

        FOUNDERS POETRY PRIZE

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2009
          RHINO: THE POETRY FORUM

          FOUNDERS’ PRIZE

          A POETRY CONTEST OPEN TO ALL POETS

          WITH A DISTINCTIVE VOICE

          One winning poem will receive $300 and publication in the next issue. Two runners up will receive $50. The poems selected will be posted on our web site.

          Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total).

          GUIDELINES: Submissions must include a cover letter listing your name, address, email address and/or telephone number as well as titles of the poems.  No identifying information should appear on the poems. Manuscripts will not be returned. Include a SASE for notification of results.

          Enclose a $10 entry fee (make checks payable to RHINO).

          Label your contest submission: “Founders’ Contest.” Submissions must be

          postmarked between June 1 - October 1. No electronic submissions please.

          All contest submissions will also be considered for regular publication in the 2010 edition of RHINO. Mail submission to:

          RHINO, The Poetry Forum

          P.O. Box 591

          Evanston, IL 60204

          Winners and runners up will be announced on our web site: www.rhinopoetry.org

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 21 7:07 AM
            RHINO
            FOUNDERS’ PRIZE 2011

            Based in Evanston, Ill., RHINO Poetry Magazine publishes around 50 poems in its annual perfect bound issue. The journal has been winning awards for over 30 years.

            The RHINO Founders’ Prize is a poetry contest open to all poets with a distinctive voice.

            One winning poem will receive $300 and publication in the 2011 issue of RHINO.
            Two runners-up will receive $50 each.
            The poems selected will be posted on the RHINO website.
            Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total).

            GUIDELINES:
            Submissions must include a cover letter listing your name, address, e-mail address and/or telephone number as well as titles of the poems.
            No identifying information should appear on the poems.
            Manuscripts will not be returned.
            Include an SASE for notification of results.
            Enclose a $10 entry fee (make checks payable to RHINO).
            Label your contest submission: “Founders’ Contest.”
            Submissions must be postmarked between April 1 – October 1, 2010.
            No electronic submissions, please.
            All contest submissions will also be considered for regular publication in the 2011 edition of RHINO.

            Mail submissions to:

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 23, 2011
              A POETRY CONTEST
              OPEN TO ALL POETS WITH A DISTINCTIVE VOICE

              One winning poem will receive $300 and publication
              in the next issue.
              Two runners-up will receive $50.
              All poems selected will be posted on our website.
              Poems not chosen for the prize may still be selected for publication.

              GUIDELINES:
              Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total).
              Submissions must include a cover letter listing your name, address,
              e-mail address and/or telephone number as well as titles
              of the poems.
              No identifying information should appear on the poems.
              Manuscripts will not be returned.

              Submission will be accepted electronically at our website, rhinopoetry.org (using paypal)
              or via snail mail. In the later cater case, include a SASE
              for notification of results.
              Enclose a $10 entry fee (make checks payable to RHINO).
              Label your contest submission: “Founders’ Contest.”

              Submissions must be postmarked by October 1.

              Mail submission to:
              RHINO, The Poetry Forum
              P.O. Box 591
              Evanston, IL 60204

              Check our website--rhinopoetry.org--
              for further information, including the poems of former winners!

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 6, 2012
                POETRY CONTEST: RHINO FOUNDERS’ PRIZE
                http://rhinopoetry.org/contests/founders-prize/

                One winning poem will receive $300 and publication in the next issue. Two runners-up will receive $50 and publication. The poems selected will also be posted on our web site. Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total). All contest submissions will also be considered for regular publication in the 2013 edition of RHINO.

                Submissions must be postmarked between July 1 - October 1.

                Submissions must include a cover letter listing your name, address, email address and/or telephone number, as well as titles of the poems. Label your contest submission: “Founders’ Contest.” No identifying information should appear on the poems. Manuscripts will not be returned.

                If mailing, include a SASE for notification of results and enclose a $10 entry fee (make checks payable to RHINO). If submitting electronically, use Paypal to pay the entry fee.

                Submit electronically
                via our website: www.rhinopoetry.org
                or
                Mail submission to:
                RHINO, The Poetry Forum
                P.O. Box 591
                Evanston, IL 60204

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 24, 2013

                  FOUNDERS’ PRIZE
                  OPEN TO ALL POETS WITH A DISTINCTIVE VOICE
                  RHINO Poetry is an award-winning annual journal of 37 years standing which invites traditional or experimental work reflecting passion, originality, artistic conviction, and a love affair with language. We publish poetry, flash fiction, and translations.

                  Submissions must be postmarked or submitted online between September 1 – October 31

                  All contest submissions will also be considered for regular publication in the 2014 edition of RHINO Poetry.
                                  The winner will receive $300.00, publication in the next issue, and will be featured on our website, and nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
                                  Two runners up will receive $50.00, publication in the next issue, and will be featured on our website. We occasionally nominate a runner-up for a Pushcart Prize.
                  -
                  Guidelines:
                  ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS (preferred)
                  1.              Group up to 5 previously unpublished poems into one document. Upload a single file in Word .doc or .docx format
                  2.              Cover letter in the “Comments” field – to “Founders’ Prize Contest” listing your name, address, email address and/or telephone number and titles of your poems, and how you learned of the contest.
                  3.              Pay your $10 entry fee through the online submission page.
                  4.              For Founders Prize 2014 online submissions and to check the status of your submission, go to rhinopoety.org.

                  SUBMISSIONS BY MAIL
                                  Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total) between September 1 and October 31.
                                  Submissions must include a cover letter to “Founders’ Prize Contest” listing your name, address, email address and/or telephone number and titles of your poems, and how you learned of the contest.
                                  Enclose a $10 entry fee (check or money order payable to RHINO or Rhino Poetry – no cash)
                                  Manuscripts will not be returned. Include a SASE for notification of results.
                  Mail your submission and entry fee to:

                  Founders’ Contest
                  RHINO Poetry
                  P.O. Box 591
                  Evanston, IL 60204

                  On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:05 AM, <crwropps@...> wrote:
                  Send in the body of an email, thanks.
                  I can't open attachments.
                  Allison J.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 3, 2014

                      We read for our Founders’ Prize Contest September 1 – October 31
                      The winner will receive $300.00, publication in the next issue, will be featured on our website, and nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
                      Two runners up will receive $50.00, publication in the next issue, and will be featured on our website. We occasionally nominate a runner-up for a Pushcart Prize.
                      All contest submissions are considered for publication.
                      Guidelines
                      Submissions must be postmarked or submitted online between September 1 – October 31.
                      For additional submission guidelines, visit our general submissions page at

                      http://rhinopoetry.org/contests/founders-prize/

                      SUBMISSIONS » RHINO

                      ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS (preferred)
                      Group up to 5 previously unpublished poems into one document – upload a single file in .doc or .docx .rtf or .PDF format
                      Cover letter in the “Comments” field – to “Founders’ Prize Contest” listing your name, address, email address and/or telephone number and titles of your poems, and how you learned of the contest.
                      Pay your $10 entry fee through the online submission page.
                      http://rhinopoetry.org/submissions/index.php?page=login

                      SUBMISSIONS BY MAIL
                      Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total) between September 1 and October 31. No identifying information should appear on the poems.