reading period for chapbooks: Tarapulin Sky Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2008
      Tarpaulin Sky Press (tarpaulinsky.com) will be reading chapbook manuscripts
      submitted during the month of August. Manuscripts should be postmarked between
      August 1 and August 31, 2008. Please do not query first; simply mail the
      manuscript according to the directions below.

      Writers who have not been published in our literary journal should include a $10
      reading fee in the form of a check or a money order made payable to Tarpaulin
      Sky Press. Past contributors to Tarpaulin Sky (other than reviews) may submit
      their manuscript with a $5 reading fee.

      Manuscripts should be in the vicinity of 18-28 pages (give or take a couple).
      Send one copy of your manuscript along with two copies of the title page (note:
      the reading process is not"blind"--we ask for two title pages only so that we
      may keep one with the manuscript, and the other for reference/notes, etc). Be
      sure that your title pages include your name, address, telephone number, and
      email address. Cover letters are read with interest. We like to know who your
      are, what you're up to, and where we can read more of your work. We do accept
      simultaneous submissions but ask that you let us know immediately if your
      manuscript is accepted elsewhere. Individual pieces from the manuscript may have
      been previously published in magazines and anthologies, but the collection as a
      whole must be unpublished. Manuscripts will not be returned. Please do not send
      us your only copy.

      Mail your submission to

      Tarpaulin Sky Press
      PO Box 189
      Grafton, VT 05146

      For notification of decisions, include a business-size SASE. If you would like
      to receive acknowledgment of the receipt of your manuscript, please include a
      stamped, self-addressed postcard. Notification of decisions will be made in
      November 2008. Publication of accepted manuscripts will be in 2009.