call for submissions: Cultural Heritages issue, Crab Orchard Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2008
      A Call for Submissions for CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW

      http://www.siuc.edu/~crborchd/special.pdf

      http://www.siuc.edu/~crborchd

      --THE SUBMISSION PERIOD BEGINS AUGUST 1, 2008. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL YOUR SUBMISSION BEFORE AUGUST. THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS OCTOBER 31, 2008. THIS IS A POSTMARK DEADLINE, SO THERE IS NO NEED TO EXPRESS MAIL, OVERNIGHT, OR FAX ANY SUBMISSION. CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW DOES NOT CONSIDER ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS AT ANY TIME, SO PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL YOUR SUBMISSION. THANK YOU.--

      Special Issue: Color Wheel ~

      Cultural Heritages in the Twenty-First Century

      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW is seeking work for our Summer/Fall 2009 issue focusing on writing inspired or informed by the experiences, observations, and/or cultural and historical possibilities of the following topic: “Color Wheel ~ Cultural Heritages in the Twenty-First Century.” We are open to work that covers any of the multitude of ways our ideas of identity, tradition, family, and place are challenged by an ever-changing world.

      All submissions should be original, unpublished poetry, fiction, or literary nonfiction in English or unpublished translations in English (we do run bilingual, facing-page translations whenever possible). Please query before submitting any interview.

      For our general submission guidelines, check our Web site at<http://www.siuc.edu/~crborchd/guid2.html>.

      Mail submissions to:

      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW

      Cultural Heritages issue

      Faner 2380, Mail Code 4503

      =0
      ASouthern Illinois University Carbondale

      1000 Faner Drive

      Carbondale, IL 62901

      United States of America

      The submission period for this issue is August 1, 2008 through October 31, 2008. We will be reading submissions throughout this period and hope to complete the editorial work on the issue by mid-February. Writers whose work is selected will receive $20 (US) per magazine page ($50 minimum for poetry; $100 minimum for prose), two copies of the issue, and a year’s subscription.