call for submissions: The Iguana Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2008
      Call For Submissions: The Iguana Review

      http://www.iguanareview.com

      Since 2003 independent literary magazine The Iguana Review has been losing its flippers and evolving into a four-legged, language-loving creature.  Based in the historic, artistic town of Old Greenbelt, MD, we are a community publication verging on mass expansion.

      We are currently reading submissions for Issue #9 (Winter 2008).

      We offer cash awards for poems.

      The Iguana Review seeks high-quality submissions of poetry, prose, and visual art, with no limitations on race, gender, geography, or experience. We encourage freedom of expression. We like writing that is smart/bold/honest/fun.  We will accept previously published work, though we prefer new pieces. We accept established and new writers alike. We accept simultaneous submissions. Non-English submissions should include an English translation.

      POETRY: Send no more than five (5) poems / ten (10) pages of poetry. Start each new poem on a new page.

      PROSE: Send one work (fiction/non-fiction) per submission, up to five (5) double-spaced pages. Please no fan fiction.

      ART: Send up to five (5) pieces, photocopied, scanned, or photographed in black/white or color.

      For complete guidelines, history, samples, and more, please visit:

      http://www.iguanareview.com

      Deadline: Sept. 15