reading series seeks poets: Nora School

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2007
      THE NORA POETRY SERIES
      SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
      http://www.nora-school.org/

      Submissions to the Series are Accepted May 1-July 15 ONLY.

      Submission Guidelines from Chris Conlon, Reading Series Coordinator

      The Nora School Poetry Reading Series, established in 2000, still needs
      poets! We consider work from all kinds of poets, from the widely-published to those
      still awaiting their first appearances in print. We especially encourage
      teenagers to apply to the series.

      To submit, please send five typed pages of original poetry to us. Along with
      the poems enclose a cover letter briefly describing your background as a
      writer and, just as important, as a public performer of poetry. Have you given
      readings before? Where? What can you do to generate an audience's interest in your
      work? We want terrific poets for our series, but we want them to be great
      readers too!

      Please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with your submission, and
      include your e-mail address (if applicable).

      We will accept submissions through July 15. Notifications will be made in
      August.

      Further information: wehsconlon(at)aol.com (replace (at) with @). (No e-mail
      submissions, please.)

      Mail submissions to:

          Christopher Conlon, Readings Coordinator
          The Nora School
          955 Sligo Avenue
          Silver Spring MD 20910