writers calendar seeks stories

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2007
      Attention Writers!
      http://www.bylinescalendar.com/guidelines.php

      Contributors Wanted for Bylines 2009
      We are now accepting submissions for Bylines 2009 Writers Desk Calendar and
      we invite dedicated, serious writers who have been published and paid for their
      work to submit an entry. All genres and disciplines are welcome.

      Submission Guidelines
      We're looking for succinct personal stories about the writing life. The
      oh-wow success tales, the naked truth about what motivates you, the heartache of
      rejection, the toughest lessons, the joy and pain of freelancing. Humor is good,
      so is pathos. Please avoid routine, trite, ordinary stories. Read the many
      insightful submissions in the current Bylines and you'll see what we mean. We
      strongly urge you to read these entries so you understand what we're looking
      for.
      Sample entries at
      http://www.bylinescalendar.com/guidelines.php

      Writer's Bio
      A few sentences about yourself. You're not dry and boring, so your bio
      shouldn't be either. Give us your accomplishments but round out your profile so our
      readers feel like they'd like to meet you for coffee. Or a beer.

      Submission Length
      The combined word count of your essay and bio should not exceed 300 words. We
      want room for your photo. However, don't send your photo yet. We'll let you
      know if your submission has been chosen and request your picture then.

      Writer's Photo
      If your submission is accepted, we will require a high resolution photograph.
      You may send a digital image as long as the resolution is 300 dpi or higher.
      If you do not have a high resolution digital image, please send us a quality
      snap shot that we may use. Please note, your photograph will not be returned.
      Do not send us your photo until you are notified that your submission has been
      accepted for the calendar.

      Submission Method
      Send your submission within the body of your email (NOT as an attachment) to:
      info(at)bylinescalendar.com (replace (at) with @). Include your full name,
      address, phone number, email address and website. Do not mail hard copies.

      Deadline
      Submissions must be received no later than February 1, 2008. Writers will be
      notified by April 15.

      Fine Print
      We reserve the right to edit submissions and bios chosen for Bylines but you
      will have the opportunity to approve any changes. Bylines has one-time use
      rights. Submissions and photographs will not be returned. We will accept
      previously published work; just let us know when and where it appeared. Writer agrees
      that pull quotes from their submission may be used on the Bylines web page, or
      in other marketing.

      Writer Compensation
      1. Exposure and promotion. Bylines is sold at bookstores nationwide and on
      the Internet. Your website and email address are listed in the calendar (with
      your permission), and we provide a link from our website to yours. If you're the
      outgoing type, we help arrange book signings at your local bookstore and/or
      interviews with your local media. We also send out hundreds of press releases.
      2. You get one free calendar and discounts on additional purchases. 3. Money.
      It's only $5, but at least you can count us as a paying market. This is the
      first year we've been able to offer to pay writers anything. Remember, this is a
      labor of love, a tribute to writers and a break-even project.
      Publisher
      Sylvia Forbes
      660-248-3455
      sylvia(at)bylinescalendar.com