poetry chapbook contest: Concrete Wolf

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 3, 2008
      2008 Chapbook Contest

      http://concretewolf.com/current/contest.htm

      Postmark Deadline: November 3, 2008

      Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook

      Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

      Final Judge: Elizabeth Austen

      We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse. We probably slightly favor lyric and narrative poetry to language and concrete, but excellent examples of any style get our attention.

      Submission Guidelines

      16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements (if applicable).

      Please number all your pages.

      Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

      Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

      SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

      Include a 6.5" by 9.5" postage-paid envelope stamped with $1.99 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

      Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

      Winner will be announced in February 2009 and published Summer 2009.

      Let us know if you need additional info: concretewolf(at)yahoo.com (replace (at) with @)

      Mail to:

      Concrete Wolf
      PO Box 1808
      Kingston, WA 98346

      Please note this is a new address.

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 6 9:46 AM
[...]

        For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page.

        Mail to:

        Concrete Wolf
        PO=2
        0Box 1808

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 31, 2009
          2009 Chapbook Contest

          http://concretewolf.com/current/contest.htm

          Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2009

          Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook

          Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

          Final Judge: Jeannine Hall Gailey

          We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse.

          Submission Guidelines

          16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements (if applicable).

          Please number all your pages.

          Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

          Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

          SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

          Include a 6 by 9 postage-paid envelope stamped with $2.10 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

          Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

          Winner will be announced in February 2010 and published Fall 2010.

          Let us know if you need additional info: <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @)

          For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page:

          http://concretewolf.com/publications/publications.htm

          Mail to:

          Concrete Wolf
          PO Box 1808
          Kingston, WA 98346

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 19, 2009
            Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest

[...]

            2

            Concrete Wolf

            PO Box 1808

            Kingston, WA 98346

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
              2010 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest
              http://ConcreteWolf.com
              Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2010
              Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook
              Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.
              Final Judge: James Bertolino http://JamesBertolino.com

              James Bertolino’s tenth volume of poetry, Finding Water, Holding Stone, was published in 2009 by Cherry Grove Collections. He has taught creative writing at Cornell University, University of Cincinnati, Western Washington University and Willamette University, where he was Writer in Residence. His own work has received several national prizes, and he served as judge for the 2009 and 2010 American Book Awards in poetry.
              Submission Guidelines
              We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse.

              16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements (if applicable).

              Please number all your pages.

              Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

              Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

              SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

              Include a 10 by 12 postage-paid envelope stamped with $2.10 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

              Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

              Winner will be announced in February 2011 and published Fall 2011.

              Let us know if you need additional info: <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @)

              For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page.

              Mail entries to:

              Concrete Wolf
              PO Box 1808
              Kingston, WA 98346

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 4, 2010
                2010 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest

                Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2010

                Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook

                Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

                Final Judge: James Bertolino
                James Bertolino’s tenth volume of poetry, Finding Water, Holding Stone,
                was published in 2009 by Cherry Grove Collections. He has taught
                creative writing at Cornell University, University of Cincinnati,
                Western Washington University and Willamette University, where he was
                Writer in Residence. His own work has received several national prizes,
                and he served as judge for the 2009 and 2010 American Book Awards in
                poetry. http://www.jamesbertolino.com/

                Submission Guidelines

                We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook
                about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color
                blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a
                sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse.

                16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements
                (if applicable).

                Please number all your pages.

                Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including
                email and phone), and one just with the title.

                Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

                SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

                Include a 10 by 12 postage-paid envelope stamped with $2.10 postage, if
                you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

                Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you
                need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

                Winner will be announced in February 2011 and published Fall 2011 or
                earlier.

                Let us know if you need additional info: <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com>
                (replace (at) with @)
                For a copies of our previous publications, http://Concretewolf.com

                Mail to:

                Concrete Wolf
                PO Box 1808
                Kingston, WA 98346
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 27, 2011
                  2011 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest
                  Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2011
                  Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook
                  Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.
                  Final Judge: Anita K. Boyle

                  Submission Guidelines

                  We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse.

                  16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements (if applicable).

                  Please number all your pages.

                  Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

                  Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

                  SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

                  Include a 10 by 12 postage-paid envelope stamped with $2.10 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

                  Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

                  Winner will be announced in February 2012 and published Fall 2012.

                  Let us know if you need additional info:<concretewolf(at)yahoo.com> (replacee (at) with @)
                  For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page on http://ConcreteWolf.com

                  Mail to:
                  Concrete Wolf
                  PO Box 1808
                  Kingston, WA 98346
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 19, 2012
                    2012 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest Now Open
                    Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2012
                    Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook
                    Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.
                    Final Judge: Kelli Russell Agodon
                    Submission Guidelines
                    We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse.
                    Close friends, former or current students of the Judge or the Editor are ineligible for the contest.

                    16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgments (if applicable).
                    Please number all your pages.

                    Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

                    Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

                    SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

                    Include a 10 by 12 postage-paid envelope stamped with $2.25 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

                    Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

                    Winner will be announced in February 2013 and published Fall 2013.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 6, 2012
[...]

                      Or, pay the contest fee with paypal to <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com> then email the manuscript
                      as a Word.doc file or .rtf file to <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com>.

                      Winner will be announced in February 2013 and published Fall 2013.

                      For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page. http://Concretewolf.com

                      Mail to:

                      Concrete Wolf
                      PO Box 1808