fiction contest: Zoetrope

    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2, 2008
      12TH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST

      http://www.all-story.com/contests.cgi

      Judged by: Elizabeth McCracken

      First Prize: $1,000

      Second Prize: $500

      Third Prize: $250

      The winners and seven finalists will be considered for representation by the William Morris Agency, ICM, Regal Literary, the Elaine Markson Literary Agency, Inkwell Management, Sterling Lord Literistic, and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.

      The deadline is October 1, 2008. The winners and finalists will be announced at this website December 1, 2008, and in the Spring 2009 issue of Zoetrope: All-Story.

      Complete Contest Guidelines:

      We accept all genres of literary fiction. Entries must be: unpublished; strictly 5,000 words or less; postmarked by October 1, 2008; clearly marked "Short Fiction Contest" on both the story and the outside of the envelope; accompanied by a $15 entry fee per story (make checks payable to AZX Publications). Please include name and address on first page or cover letter only. There are no formatting restrictions; please ensure only that the story is legible.

      We welcome multiple entries ($15/story) and entries from outside the U.S.; please send entry fee in U.S. currency or money order. While we cannot return manuscripts, we will forward a list of the winning stories to any entrant who includes an SASE; as well, we will e-mail contest updates to anyone who provides an active e-mail address. Entrants retain all rights to their stories.

      Mail entries to:

      Zoetrope: All-Story

      Attn: Short Fiction Contest

      916 Kearny Street

      San Francisco, CA 94133

      Please e-mail us at contests(at)all-story.com (replace (at) with @) with further questions. Thank you for your interest, and good luck!

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 27, 2008
[...]

        We welcome multiple entries ($15/story) and entries from outside the U.S.; please send entry fee in U.S. currency or money order. While we cannot return manuscripts, we will forward a list of the winning stories to any entrant who includes an SASE; as well, we will e-mail contest updates to anyone who provides an active e-mail address. Entrants retain all rights to=2
        0their stories.

        Mail entries to:

        Zoetrope: All-Story

        Attn: Short Fiction Contest

        916 Kearny Street

        San Francisco, CA 94133

        Please e-mail us at contests(at)all-story.com with further questions. Thank you for your interest, and good luck!

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 6, 2009
            THIRTEENTH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST

            http://www.all-story.com/contests.cgi

            Judged by: Yiyun Li

            First prize: $1,000

            Second prize: $500

            Third prize: $250

            The three prizewinners and seven honorable mentions will be considered for representation by the William Morris Agency, ICM, Regal Literary, the Elaine Markson Literary Agency, Inkwell Management, Sterling Lord Literistic, and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.

            The deadline is October 1, 2009. Results will be announced at this website December 1, 2009, and in the Spring 2010 issue of Zoetrope: All-Story; and the winning story will be published as a special online supplement to that Spring 2010 issue.

            Complete Contest Guidelines:

            We accept all genres of literary fiction. Entries must be: unpublished; strictly 5,000 words or less; and accompanied by a entry fee per story. There are no formatting restrictions; please ensure only that the story is legible.

            We welcome multiple entries ($15/story) and entries from outside the U.S. We will e-mail contest updates to anyone who provides an active e-mail address. Entrants retain all rights to their stories. Once a story is submitted, we cannot accept an updated draft. (However, an entrant is welcome to submit an updated draft as a new entry.) Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.

            To enter, writers must register their contact and story information online. Then they may either upload an entry to the site
            and pay by credit card or mail a hard copy and pay by check or money order. Stories uploaded to the site must be in one of the following file formats: Adobe Acrobat PDF, Microsoft Word, or Rich Text Format.

            Entries must be complete by 11:59 P.M. PDT on October 1, 2009.

            Enter here. (The entry process is hosted by our sister site, Zoetrope.com, which is entirely secure.)

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 24, 2009
                THIRTEENTH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST

                Judged by: Yiyun Li

                First prize: $1,000
                Second prize: $500
                Third prize: $250

                The three prizewinners and seven honorable mentions will be considered for representation by the William Morris Agency, ICM, Regal Literary, the Elaine Markson Literary Agency, Inkwell Management, Sterling Lord Literistic, and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.

                The deadline is October 1, 2009. Results will be announced at this website December 1, 2009, and in the Spring 2010 issue of Zoetrope: All-Story; and the winning story will be published as a special online supplement to that Spring 2010 issue.

                Complete Contest Guidelines:
                We accept all genres of literary fiction. Entries must be: unpublished; strictly 5,000 words or less; and accompanied by a $15 entry fee per story. There are no formatting restrictions; please ensure only that the story is legible.

                We welcome multiple entries ($15/story) and entries from outside the U.S. We will e-mail contest updates to anyone who provides an active e-mail address. Entrants retain all rights to their stories. Once a story is submitted, we cannot accept an updated draft. (However, an entrant is welcome to submit an updated draft as a new entry.) Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.

                To enter, writers must register their contact and story information online. Then they may either upload an entry to the site and pay by credit card or mail a hard copy and pay by check or money order. Stori
                es uploaded to the site must be in one of the following file formats: Adobe Acrobat PDF, Microsoft Word, or Rich Text Format.

                Entries must be complete by 11:59 P.M. PDT on October 1, 2009.

                Enter at

                https://www.zoetrope.com/contests_allstory/secure/

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 14, 2009
[...]

                  To enter, writers must register their contact and story information online. Then they may either upload an entry to the20site and pay by credit card or mail a hard copy and pay by check or money order. Stories uploaded to the site must be in one of the following file formats: Adobe Acrobat PDF, Microsoft Word, or Rich Text Format.

                  Please e-mail us at contests@... with further questions. Thank you for your interest, and good luck!

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 7, 2011
                    FIFTEENTH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST

                    Contest Entry Link:
                    https://www.zoetrope.com/contests_allstory/secure/index.cgi

                    Guest Judge: Jim Shepard

                    First prize: $1,000
                    Second prize: $500
                    Third prize: $250

                    The three prizewinners and seven honorable mentions will be considered for representation by William Morris Endeavor, ICM, Regal Literary, the Elaine Markson Literary Agency, Inkwell Management, Sterling Lord Literistic, Aitken Alexander Associates, Barer Literary, the Gernert Company, and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.

                    Important Dates:
                    Entries must be complete by October 3, 2011, at 11:59 P.M. PDT. Results will be announced at the website December 15 and in the Spring 2012 issue of Zoetrope: All-Story; and the winning story will be published as a special online supplement to that Spring 2012 issue.

                    Complete Guidelines:
                    We accept all genres of literary fiction. Entries must be: unpublished; strictly 5,000 words or less; and accompanied by a $15 entry fee per story. There are no formatting restrictions; please ensure only that the story is legible.

                    We welcome multiple entries ($15/story) and entries from outside the U.S. We will e-mail contest updates and results to anyone who provides an active e-mail address. Entrants retain all rights to their stories. Once a story is submitted, we cannot accept an updated draft. (However, an entrant is welcome to submit an updated draft as a new entry.) Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.

                    Please e-mail us at contests@... with further questions. Thank you for your interest, and good luck!
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 27, 2012
                      SIXTEENTH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST
                      http://www.all-story.com/contests.cgi
                      Guest Judge: Karen Russell

                      First prize: $1,000
                      Second prize: $500
                      Third prize: $250

                      The three prizewinners and seven honorable mentions will be considered for representation by William Morris Endeavor, ICM, Regal Literary, the Elaine Markson Literary Agency, Inkwell Management, Sterling Lord Literistic, Aitken Alexander Associates, Barer Literary, the Gernert Company, and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.

                      Important Dates:
                      The contest will open for entries July 1. Entries must be complete by October 1, 2012, at 11:59 P.M. PDT. Results will be announced at the website December 15 and in the Spring 2013 issue of Zoetrope: All-Story; and the winning story will be published as a special online supplement to that Spring 2013 issue.

                      Complete Guidelines:
                      We accept all genres of literary fiction. Entries must be: unpublished; strictly 5,000 words or less; and accompanied by a $20 entry fee per story. There are no formatting restrictions; please ensure only that the story is legible.

                      We welcome multiple entries ($20/story) and entries from outside the U.S. We will e-mail contest updates and results to anyone who provides an active e-mail address. Entrants retain all rights to their stories. Once a story is submitted, we cannot accept an updated draft. (However, an entrant is welcome to submit an updated draft as a new entry.) Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.

                      Please return July 1 to register your story online and enter the contest. In the meantime, should you have any questions, please e-mail us at <contests(at)all-story.com>. Thank you for your interest.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 16, 2013
                          SEVENTEENTH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST

                          http://www.all-story.com/contests.cgi
                          Guest Judge: David Means
                          First prize: $1,000
                          Second prize: $500
                          Third prize: $250
                          The three prizewinners and seven honorable mentions will be considered for representation by William Morris Endeavor, ICM, Regal Literary, the Elaine Markson Literary Agency, Inkwell Management, Sterling Lord Literistic, Aitken Alexander Associates, Barer Literary, the Gernert Company, and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.
                          Important Dates:
                          Entries must be complete by October 1, 2013, at 11:59 P.M. PDT. Results will be announced at the website December 15 and in the Spring 2014 issue of Zoetrope: All-Story; and the winning story will be published as a special online supplement to that Spring 2014 issue.
                          Complete Guidelines:
                          We accept all genres of literary fiction. Entries must be: unpublished; strictly 5,000 words or fewer; and accompanied by a $20 entry fee per story. There are no formatting restrictions; please ensure only that the story is legible. Please omit all personal information from the manuscript itself (ie, name, address, e-mail address, phone number), as all stories are read blindly.
                          We welcome multiple entries ($20/story), simultaneous submissions, and entrants from outside the U.S. We will e-mail contest updates and results to anyone who provides an active e-mail address. Entrants retain all rights to their stories. Once a story is submitted, we cannot accept an updated draft. (However, an entrant is welcome to submit an updated draft as a new entry.) Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.
                          Please e-mail us at contests@... with further questions. Thank you for your interest, and good luck!

                          Contest entry portal: https://www.zoetrope.com/contests_allstory/secure/index.cgi

                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 4, 2014

                            EIGHTEENTH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST

                            Entry area:

                            Guest Judge: Ben Fountain

                            First prize: $1,000
                            Second prize: $500
                            Third prize: $250

                            The three prizewinners and seven honorable mentions will be considered for representation by William Morris Endeavor; ICM; Regal Literary; Dunow, Carlson & Lerner Literary Agency; Markson Thoma Literary Agency; Inkwell Management; Sterling Lord Literistic; Aitken Alexander Associates; Barer Literary; the Gernert Company; and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.

                            Important Dates:
                            Entries must be complete by October 1, 2014, at 11:59 P.M. PDT. Results will be announced at the website December 15 and in the Spring 2015 issue of Zoetrope: All-Story; and the winning story will be published as a special online supplement to that Spring 2015 issue.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Sep 30, 2014
                              EIGHTEENTH ANNUAL  ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY  SHORT FICTION CONTEST
                              http://www.all-story.com/contests.cgi
                              Entry area:
                              Zoetrope: All-Story Short Fiction Contest
                              Zoetrope: All-Story Short Fiction Contest
                              View on  www.zoetrope.com
                              Preview by Yahoo

[...]
                              Please e-mail us at  contestsATall-storyDOTcom  with further questions. Thank you for your interest, and good luck!