fiction and poetry book contests: Subito Press

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2008
      Subito Press of the University of Colorado invites submissions to its annual book competition. We will publish two books of innovative writing, one each of fiction and poetry.
      http://www.colorado.edu/English/crw/chapbook.html

      Submissions will be accepted from June 2 to August 15 (postmark date).

      Submit manuscripts of up to 70 pages of poetry or up to 100 pages of (double spaced) fiction along with a $20 reading fee and an 8.5 x 11 SASE if you would like a copy of the winning entry in your genre. Manuscripts should include two cover sheets: one with title only, the other with title, author's name, address, e-mail, and phone number. All submissions will be judged anonymously by the creative writing faculty at the University of Colorado; friends, relatives, and former students of University of Colorado creative writing faculty are not eligible. Simultaneous submissions o.k.; please notify Subito immediately if your ms. is accepted elsewhere. Winners will give a reading at the University of Colorado. Notification of winners will occur by December of 2008.

      Send mss. to:
      Subito Press
      Department of English
      226 University of Colorado, Boulder,
      Boulder, Colorado 80309-0226

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
        Subito Press of the University of Colorado invites submissions to its annual book competition. We will publish two books of innovative writing, one each of fiction and poetry.
        http://www.subitopress.org/guidelines.html

        Submissions will be accepted from June 1 to August 15, 2009 (postmark date).

        Submit manuscripts of up to 70 pages of poetry or up to 100 pages of (double spaced) fiction along with a $20 reading fee and an SASE for notification of results. Manuscripts should include two cover sheets: one with title only, the other with title, author's name, address, e-mail, and phone number. All submissions will be judged anonymously by the creative writing faculty at the University of Colorado; friends, relatives, and former students of University of Colorado creative writing faculty are not eligible. Simultaneous submissions are ok; please notify Subito immediately if your ms. is accepted elsewhere. Winners will give a reading at the University of Colorado in the Spring of 2010. Notification of winners will occur by January of 2010.

        Send mss. to:
        Subito Press
        Department of English
        226 UCB