call for scholarly essays: Packingtown Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008
      Call for Papers: Packingtown Review Scholarly Essays

      Packingtown Review, an interdisciplinary literary journal, seeks scholarly
      and critical essays that explore genre and form. What does it mean when
      poetry and prose are indistinguishable? What is lost- or found-in
      translation? When literary form is entirely fluid, what is the
      relationship between art and criticism? Between the creative and the
      scholarly?

      While we are particularly seeking essays that explore the relationships
      between genre and form in situations where both are indeterminate or
      unapparent, Packingtown Review is open to scholarly essays that intersect
      with these questions generally or that explore specific works. Essays
      might explore the current relevance (or irrelevance) of the aesthetic, the
      literary, or the rhetorical. The deadline for submission for the first
      issue is August 30. After that, we will continue reading for our second
      issue.

      Please send up to 8,000 words (or up to 30 pages of double-spaced prose)
      in accordance with The Chicago Manual of Style to:

      Packingtown Review
      Department of English, UH 2027 MC 162
      University of Illinois at Chicago, 601 S. Morgan
      Chicago, IL 60607

      For more information about the journal, visit packingtownreview.com or
      e-mailĀ editors(at)packingtownreview.com (replace (at) with @)

      editors@....