poetry book contest: Quercus Review Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2008
      http://www.quercusreview.com/current_issue.htm
      MANUSCRIPTS should include a brief cover letter that includes author's name, address, phone number, e-mail address, book title, and brief biography; an acknowledgments page listing previously published poems; table of contents; 48–96 pages of original poetry; and an SASE for reply or return of manuscript (as requested). Manuscripts should be unbound, typed, & page numbered. Clear photocopies are acceptable. We will consider simultaneous submissions, but we ask that you notify us if your manuscript is accepted elsewhere.

      ELIGIBILITY: Open to all poets, with or without previous book publication.
      New and emerging writers are especially invited to submit.  No restrictions on content, style or subject matter. We are simply looking for the best poetry we can find.

      PRIZE: Winner receives $1000 and 50 books.

      $20 READING FEE / $25 TO RECEIVE WINNING BOOK: Make checks payable to "MJC (QR)."

      SUBMISSION DEADLINE: All entries must be postmarked between June and October 17, 2008.

      SEND SUBMISSIONS TO Quercus Review Press, MJC English Dept.,
      435 College Ave. Modesto, CA 95350