stolen stories anthology seeks stories

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2008
      "Stolen Stories"
      A fiction anthology published by the Forest Publications, Edinburgh, UK

      Never, ever trust a writer. They cluck and nod and listen and then, three months later, they splash your tragedy/foolishness/very embarrassing incident involving a raspberry jelly and a pair of warm curling tongs over the tawdry pages of a literary quarterly. We feel there is no shame in this. Quite the opposite: we believe this ugly fact deserves to be celebrated with all the pomp and hullaballoo we can possibly muster. Thus the Forest Publications, a nonprofit arts collective and publishing house based in Edinburgh, Scotland, is compiling an anthology of the finest stolen stories, the anecdotes and overheard conversations that simply demand to be told. We feel that it is time to be honest. This is where our ideas come from.

      Submission Information:
      Stories should not exceed 5,000 words in length and must — must — must be accompanied by a brief note that explains the nature of your theft. We would prefer that you did not steal from well-known TV shows or anything equally obvious.

      Send your stolen story to: stolen.stories.book(at)googlemail.com (replace (at) with @)

      Closing date for submissions: July 3rd.