ecopoetry anthology seeks submissions

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2008
      EARTH'S BODY: AN ECOPOETRY ANTHOLOGY

      Coeditors Ann Fisher-Wirth and Laura-Gray Street solicit submissions for an international anthology of ecopoetry. We are looking for a wide and varied array of submissions. Our working definition of "ecopoetry" is flexible; it includes not only what might be called nature poetry, and not only poetry that focuses on environmental issues, but also experimental poetry--poetry that explores language in its relations with the other-than-human. We welcome work by emerging as well as established poets. We welcome serious poems, playful poems, poems in open or traditional forms. Depending on limitations of space, we will consider not only short poems but also poems of several pages. The anthology will include only living poets or poets who were alive as of July 2007, and will include only poems either written in English or already translated into English; for poems not written in English, both the original and the translation must be submitted, and if accepted, both will be published. We will consider work that has been previously published. The poet (and/or translator) must control the copyright to the work.

      The deadline for submissions is DECEMBER 15, 2008. Please send up to six poems to BOTH Ann Fisher-Wirth and Laura-Gray Street. You may send them as email text or by snail mail. If they come as email text, make sure the spacing and lineation travel accurately. WE WILL NOT OPEN ATTACHMENTS. Please also include a short bio and a cover letter, and an SASE for our reply.

      Ann Fisher-Wirth English
      Department Bondurant C-135
      University of Mississippi

      University, MS 38677
      afwirth(at)olemiss.edu (replace (at) with @)

      Laura-Gray Street

      English Department
      2500 Rivermont
      Randolph College
      Lynchburg, VA 24503

      lstreet(@)randolphcollege.edu (replace (at) with @)

      We look forward to reading your wonderful, very best work!

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 15, 2008
[...]

        We look forward to reading your work!