fiction contest (regional, no fee): Memphis Magazine

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2008
      RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE 2008 MEMPHIS MAGAZINE FICTION CONTEST
      Cosponsored by Burke's Book Store and Davis-Kidd Booksellers
      http://www.memphismagazine.com/gyrobase/Magazine/Page?oid=21607

      We are seeking entries for our annual fiction contest. The winning story
      will earn a $1,000 grand prize and will be published in a future issue of
      Memphis. Two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be given if the quality of
      entries warrants. Contest cosponsors are Burke's Book Store, and Davis-Kidd Booksellers.
      Below are contest rules:
      1. Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.
      2. Entries must be postmarked by August 1, 2008.
      3. You may submit more than one story but each entry must be accompanied by a $10
      entry fee.
      4. Stories are NOT required to have a Memphis or Southern theme.
      5. Each story should be typed, double-spaced, with unstapled, numbered pages. Stories
      should be between 3,000 and 4,500 words.
      6. With each story should be a cover letter that gives us your name, address, phone
      number, and the title of your story. Please do not put your name anywhere on the
      manuscript itself.
      7. Manuscripts may be previously published as long as previous publication was not in a
      national magazine with over 20,000 circulation or in a regional publication within Shelby
      County.
      8. Manuscripts should be sent to
      FICTION CONTEST c/o Memphis magazine,
      P.O. Box 1738
      Memphis, TN 38101

      NOTE: We cannot accept faxes or E-mails.
      Authors wishing their manuscripts returned must include a self-addressed
      stamped envelope with each entry.

      If you have further questions, call Marilyn Sadler at 521-9000, ext. 451, or email her at
      sadler(at)memphismagazine.com (replace (at) with @)
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29 7:30 AM
        RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE 2009 MEMPHIS MAGAZINE FICTION CONTEST

        Cosponsored by Burke's Book Store and Davis-Kidd Booksellers

        We are seeking entries for our annual fiction contest. The winning story
        will earn a $1,000 grand prize and will be published in a future issue of
        Memphis. Two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be given if the quality of entries warrants. Contest cosponsors are Burke's Book Store, and Davis-Kidd Booksellers. Below are contest rules:
        1. Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.
        2. Entries must be postmarked by August 1, 2009.
[...]

        stamped envelope with each entry.0A