poetry chapbook contest: Hotmetalpress.net

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
      The 2nd Annual Hotmetalpress Chapbook Contest
      http://www.hotmetalpress.net/PoetryPrize.html

      Our prize is $350 and 20 free copies. We also want to send every entrant a copy of the winning
      collection.
      Page Limit: 32 pages
      Fee: $20.00
      Deadline: end of November 2008

      If you are looking for clues as to what we look for a winner,  we wish you luck because our
      selections are unpredictable and eclectic. Last year’s winner was Peter Nash’s collection of
      nature poems, “Tracks”; and other four top collections all have been published by other
      presses.  Our two Best Poem winners this year included a language poem and a poem about a
      long-lasting love. We even have considered a high school student for a second place position.
      We like to take risks if the poems interest us. We do not know what poems will interest us
      either until we see the poems.

      Please make out a check for $20 to Hotmetalpress.
      Judged by Martin Willitts Jr (author of a full length book “The Secret Language of the
      Universe” and editor of a poetry anthology about cancer “Alternatives to Surrender”, and
      published many chapbooks).
      Send one hardcopy of the manuscript to: Martin Willitts Jr., P.O. Box 4322, Rome, NY 13244

      The entry rules:
      Single spaced poems in 12 pt Ariel or Times New Roman.
      Attach a separate page for the title page with your name, address, telephone, and email. Do not
      put your name anywhere else on the pages.
      32 page maximum limit including title, content page, acknowledgements, and pages. Anything
      with more pages will be eliminated.
      Include the check, the manuscript following the entry directions, and a SASE if you want the
      manuscript returned with a comment from Martin (he writes interesting comments) or the
      manuscript will be destroyed.
      Attach all items together with a swing clip only. No staples, paper clips, etc.
      The winner will be requested to submit a finished, edited version of the manuscript in a Word
      Document file upon winning. We are not responsible for any errors.

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2008
        The Karen Fredericks and Frances Willitts Poetry Prize
        The 2nd Annual Hotmetalpress Chapbook Contest

        http://hotmetalpress.net

        Our prize is $350 and 20 free copies. We want to send every entrant a copy of the winning collection. We also will consider unpublished poems within the manuscript for our magazine. Page Limit: 32 pages. Fee: $20.00. Deadline: end of November 2008. Please make ut a check for $20 to Hotmetalpress.
        Judged by Martin Willitts Jr (author of a full length book “The Secret Language of the
        Universe” and editor of a poetry anthology about cancer “Alternatives to Surrender”, and published many chapbooks). Send one hardcopy of the manuscript to: Martin Willitts Jr., P.O. Box 4322, Rome, NY 13244

        The entry rules:
        Single spaced poems in 12 pt Ariel or Times New Roman. Attach a separate page for the title page with your name, address, telephone, and email. Do not put your name anywhere else on the pages.32 page maximum limit including title, content page, acknowledgements, and pages. Anything with more pages will be eliminated. Include the check, the manuscript following the entry directions, and a SASE if you want the
        manuscript returned with a comment from Martin (he writes interesting comments) or the manuscript will be destroyed. Attach all items together with a swing clip only. No staples, paper clips, etc. The winner will be requested to submit a finished, edited version of the manuscript in a Word Document file upon winning. We are not responsible20for any errors. For complete rules: http://hotmetalpress.net/

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 13, 2008
          The 2nd Annual Hotmetalpress Chapbook Contest

          http://www.hotmetalpress.net/PoetryPrize.html

          Our prize is $350 and 20 free copies. We also want to send every entrant a copy of the winning collection.

          Page Limit: 32 pages

          Fee: $20.00

          Deadline:

          If you are looking for clues as to what we look for a winner, well we wish you a lot of luck because our selections are unpredictable and eclectic. Last year’s winner was Peter Nash’s collection of nature poems, “Tracks”; and other four top collections all have been published by other presses.  Our two Best Poem winners this year included a language poem and a poem about a long-lasting love. We even have considered a high school student for a second place position. We like to take risks if the poems interest us. We do not know what poems will interest us either until we see the poems.

          Please make out a check for $20 to Hotmetalpress.

          Judged by Martin Willitts Jr (author of a full length book “The Secret Language of the Universe” and editor of a poetry anthology about cancer “Alternatives to Surrender”, and published many chapbooks).

          Send one hardcopy of the manuscript to: Martin Willitts Jr., P.O. Box 4322, Rome, NY 13244

          The entry rules:

          Single spaced poems in 12 pt Ariel or Times New Roman.

          Attach a separate page for the title page with your name, address, telephone, and email. Do not put your name anywhere else on the pages.

          32 page20maximum limit including title, content page, acknowledgements, and pages. Anything with more pages will be eliminated.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 17, 2009
            The 3rd Annual Hotmetalpress Chapbook Contest
            http://www.hotmetalpress.net/PoetryPrize.html

            Our prize is $350 and 20 free copies. We also want to send every entrant a copy of the winning
            collection.
            Page Limit: 32 pages
            Fee: $20.00
            Deadline: end of May 2009

            If you are looking for clues as to what we look for a winner,  we wish you luck because our
            selections are unpredictable and eclectic.  We like to take risks if the poems interest us. We do
            not know what poems will interest us either until we see the poems.

            Please make out a check for $20 to Hotmetalpress. Send it to
             Carole Towers;

            1173 Sea Eagle Watch;

            Charleston SC; 29412.
            Judged by the staff.  Please send a copy of your manuscript in a word document.  Your work
            will be read upon receipt of your check.
            The entry rules:
            Single spaced poems in 12pt Courier.
            Attach  title page with your name, address, telephone, and email.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 15 6:24 AM

                to: <sea7(at)comcast.net> (replace (at) with @)

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 5, 2009
                  Karen Fredericks and Frances Willitts Poetry Prize

                  The 3rd Annual Hotmetalpress Chapbook Contest

                  Our prize is $350 and 20 free copies. We also want to send every entrant a copy of the winning collection. Page Limit: 32 pages. Fee: $20.00. Deadline: July 15.

                  If you are looking for clues as to what we look for a winner, we wish you luck because our
                  selections are unpredictable and eclectic.  We like to take risks if the poems interest us. We do not know what poems will interest us either until we see the poems.

                  Please make out a check for $20 to Hotmetalpress.

                  Send it to Carole Towers; 1173 Sea Eagle Watch; Charleston SC; 29412.
                  Judged by the staff.  Please send a copy of your manuscript in a word document to <sea7(at)comcast.net> (replace (at) with @).  Your work will be read upon receipt of your check.

                  The entry rules: Single spaced poems in 12pt Courier. Attach title page with your name, address, telephone, and email. 32 page maximum limit including title, content page, acknowledgements, and pages. Anything with more pages will be eliminated.

                  http://www.hotmetalpress.net/PoetryPrize.html