crime poetry contest: asinine poetry

    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2008
      the 12th asinine poetry contest:
      asinine crime poems

      FIRST PRIZE: $100
      SECOND PRIZE: $75
      THIRD PRIZE: $50

      BECOME THE SHAKESPEARE OF CRIME!
      Or, rather, the Capone of poetry. For our next contest, we're calling you out to write poems in a niche category of poetry--the crime poem. That is, poems about crime. Everything from arson to extortion to murder to zebra-napping, true to fictional. Written in the asinine MO. Can you do it? Are you chicken? Give it a shot. Whatcha got to lose?

      Our guest judge: Tim McLoughlin, the Godfather of Noir and author of Heart of the Old Country. He also edited Brooklyn Noir, first in the Akashic Publishing's Noir Series, as well as Brooklyn Noir 2.
      One dollar per entry. You may enter up to THREE times.

      You may use modern electronic means.

      Go to

      http://www.asininepoetry.com/contest/12

      for electronic entry instructions.

      Or you may use snail mail. Send your cash cleverly hidden in with your entry. PLEASE DO NOT SEND A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER.
      Mail your entries to:
      P.O. Box 1349
      New York, NY 10276.

      DEADLINE: August 1, 2008.