poetry contest: Flip Kelly Poetry Prize

    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2008
      2008 Flip Kelly Poetry Prize

      http://www.plainspoke.net/flipkellysubs.html

      Submission Guidelines

      First Prize:  $100 Honorarium and Featured Publication Spread in Plain Spoke

      Runner-Ups:  Small Feature publication in Plain Spoke

      Final Judge: Bob King

      POSTMARK DEADLINE: November 1, 2008
      Reading Fee: $15
      Includes a one-year subscription

      All entries considered for publication. Contest will be judged blindly. Send only three poems per entry (but enter as often as you like).

      Work that is previously published works forthcoming elsewhere will not be considered. We accept simultaneous submissions; however our entry fee is non-refundable if accepted elsewhere. We encourage multiple submissions, but each set of three poems requires an additional reading fee.

       We cannot consider work from anyone affiliated with Amsterdam Press or Plain Spoke.

      Poet's name should only be typed on the printable entry form.  Include SASE for notification (optional).  Manuscripts will be recycled.  Send one entry form per three poems, please.  Poems should be typed in a clear, legible, 12 point font.  Send three copies of each poem.  Poems should appear on separate pages.  Do not staple pages together. Entrants should also include a brief biographical statement, under 200 words, written in third person.

       Make Checks payable to Amsterdam Press.  We will only accept checks and money orders drawn on US banks.  We will also accept PayPal payments.  Email plainspoke(at)gmail.com (replace (at) with @) for PayPal payment details.

      To download the printable entry form, visit
      http://www.plainspoke.net/flipkellysubs.html
      Your Entry Should Include:

                  Envelope with address & return address printed legibly.
                  A cover letter.
                  An entry form.
                  Payment
                  Three copies of each poem, printed on white paper in black ink.
                  A brief biographical statement

      SEND ENTRIES TO:
      Flip Kelly Poetry Prize
      Amsterdam Press