poetry contest: RHINO

    Message 1 of 11 , May 13, 2008
      The Editorial Staff of Rhino Magazine is proud to present the

      RHINO MAGAZINE & POETRY FORUM

      FOUNDERS POETRY PRIZE

      A NEW CONTEST OPEN TO ALL POETS

      One winning poem will receive $300 and publication in the Spring 2009 print issue. Two runners up will receive $50. All selected poems will also appear on the Rhino Magazine website.

      Submissions details:

      - Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total).

      - Enclose a $10 entry fee (make checks payable to RHINO).

      - Include a cover letter listing your name, address, email address and/or telephone number as well as the titles of the poems.

      - Include an SASE for notification of results.

      - Label your contest submission: "Founders Contest." Submissions must be postmarked between June 1 - September 1. No electronic submissions please.

      - No identifying information should appear on the manuscript. Manuscripts will not be returned.

      All contest submissions will also be considered for regular publication in the 2009 edition of RHINO. Mail submission to:

      RHINO, The Poetry Forum
      P.O. Box 591
      Evanston, IL 60204

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 7, 2008
        RHINO:
        THE POETRY FORUM

        FOUNDERS POETRY PRIZE

        http://www.rhinopoetry.org/pages/contests.html

        A NEW CONTEST OPEN TO ALL POETS
        WITH A DISTINCTIVE VOICE
        One winning poem will receive $300 and publication in the next issue. Two
        runners up will receive $50. The poems selected will be posted on our web site.

        Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total).

        GUIDELINES: Submissions must include a cover letter listing your name, address,
        email address and/or telephone number as well as titles of the poems. No
        identifying information should appear on the poems. Manuscripts will not be
        returned. Include a SASE for notification of results.

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2008
[...]

          Winners and runners up will be announced in the Fall on our web site.

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 4, 2009
              RHINO: THE POETRY FORUM

              FOUNDERS’ PRIZE

              A POETRY CONTEST OPEN TO ALL POETS

              WITH A DISTINCTIVE VOICE

              One winning poem will receive $300 and publication in the next issue. Two runners up will receive $50. The poems selected will be posted on our web site.

              Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total).

              GUIDELINES: Submissions must include a cover letter listing your name, address, email address and/or telephone number as well as titles of the poems.  No identifying information should appear on the poems. Manuscripts will not be returned. Include a SASE for notification of results.

              Enclose a $10 entry fee (make checks payable to RHINO).

              Label your contest submission: “Founders’ Contest.” Submissions must be

              postmarked between June 1 - October 1. No electronic submissions please.

              All contest submissions will also be considered for regular publication in the 2010 edition of RHINO. Mail submission to:

              RHINO, The Poetry Forum

              P.O. Box 591

              Evanston, IL 60204

              Winners and runners up will be announced on our web site: www.rhinopoetry.org

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 21, 2010
                RHINO
                FOUNDERS’ PRIZE 2011

                Based in Evanston, Ill., RHINO Poetry Magazine publishes around 50 poems in its annual perfect bound issue. The journal has been winning awards for over 30 years.

                The RHINO Founders’ Prize is a poetry contest open to all poets with a distinctive voice.

                One winning poem will receive $300 and publication in the 2011 issue of RHINO.
                Two runners-up will receive $50 each.
                The poems selected will be posted on the RHINO website.
                Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total).

                GUIDELINES:
                Submissions must include a cover letter listing your name, address, e-mail address and/or telephone number as well as titles of the poems.
                No identifying information should appear on the poems.
                Manuscripts will not be returned.
                Include an SASE for notification of results.
                Enclose a $10 entry fee (make checks payable to RHINO).
                Label your contest submission: “Founders’ Contest.”
                Submissions must be postmarked between April 1 – October 1, 2010.
                No electronic submissions, please.
                All contest submissions will also be considered for regular publication in the 2011 edition of RHINO.

                Mail submissions to:

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 23, 2011
                  A POETRY CONTEST
                  OPEN TO ALL POETS WITH A DISTINCTIVE VOICE

                  One winning poem will receive $300 and publication
                  in the next issue.
                  Two runners-up will receive $50.
                  All poems selected will be posted on our website.
                  Poems not chosen for the prize may still be selected for publication.

                  GUIDELINES:
                  Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total).
                  Submissions must include a cover letter listing your name, address,
                  e-mail address and/or telephone number as well as titles
                  of the poems.
                  No identifying information should appear on the poems.
                  Manuscripts will not be returned.

                  Submission will be accepted electronically at our website, rhinopoetry.org (using paypal)
                  or via snail mail. In the later cater case, include a SASE
                  for notification of results.
                  Enclose a $10 entry fee (make checks payable to RHINO).
                  Label your contest submission: “Founders’ Contest.”

                  Submissions must be postmarked by October 1.

                  Mail submission to:
                  RHINO, The Poetry Forum
                  P.O. Box 591
                  Evanston, IL 60204

                  Check our website--rhinopoetry.org--
                  for further information, including the poems of former winners!

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 6, 2012
                    POETRY CONTEST: RHINO FOUNDERS’ PRIZE
                    http://rhinopoetry.org/contests/founders-prize/

                    One winning poem will receive $300 and publication in the next issue. Two runners-up will receive $50 and publication. The poems selected will also be posted on our web site. Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total). All contest submissions will also be considered for regular publication in the 2013 edition of RHINO.

                    Submissions must be postmarked between July 1 - October 1.

                    Submissions must include a cover letter listing your name, address, email address and/or telephone number, as well as titles of the poems. Label your contest submission: “Founders’ Contest.” No identifying information should appear on the poems. Manuscripts will not be returned.

                    If mailing, include a SASE for notification of results and enclose a $10 entry fee (make checks payable to RHINO). If submitting electronically, use Paypal to pay the entry fee.

                    Submit electronically
                    via our website: www.rhinopoetry.org
                    or
                    Mail submission to:
                    RHINO, The Poetry Forum
                    P.O. Box 591
                    Evanston, IL 60204

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 24, 2013

                      FOUNDERS’ PRIZE
                      OPEN TO ALL POETS WITH A DISTINCTIVE VOICE
                      RHINO Poetry is an award-winning annual journal of 37 years standing which invites traditional or experimental work reflecting passion, originality, artistic conviction, and a love affair with language. We publish poetry, flash fiction, and translations.

                      Submissions must be postmarked or submitted online between September 1 – October 31

                      All contest submissions will also be considered for regular publication in the 2014 edition of RHINO Poetry.
                                      The winner will receive $300.00, publication in the next issue, and will be featured on our website, and nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
                                      Two runners up will receive $50.00, publication in the next issue, and will be featured on our website. We occasionally nominate a runner-up for a Pushcart Prize.
                      -
                      Guidelines:
                      ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS (preferred)
                      1.              Group up to 5 previously unpublished poems into one document. Upload a single file in Word .doc or .docx format
                      2.              Cover letter in the “Comments” field – to “Founders’ Prize Contest” listing your name, address, email address and/or telephone number and titles of your poems, and how you learned of the contest.
                      3.              Pay your $10 entry fee through the online submission page.
                      4.              For Founders Prize 2014 online submissions and to check the status of your submission, go to rhinopoety.org.

                      SUBMISSIONS BY MAIL
                                      Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total) between September 1 and October 31.
                                      Submissions must include a cover letter to “Founders’ Prize Contest” listing your name, address, email address and/or telephone number and titles of your poems, and how you learned of the contest.
                                      Enclose a $10 entry fee (check or money order payable to RHINO or Rhino Poetry – no cash)
                                      Manuscripts will not be returned. Include a SASE for notification of results.
                      Mail your submission and entry fee to:

                      Founders’ Contest
                      RHINO Poetry
                      P.O. Box 591
                      Evanston, IL 60204

                      On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:05 AM, <crwropps@...> wrote:
                      Send in the body of an email, thanks.
                      I can't open attachments.
                      Allison J.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 3, 2014

                          We read for our Founders’ Prize Contest September 1 – October 31
                          The winner will receive $300.00, publication in the next issue, will be featured on our website, and nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
                          Two runners up will receive $50.00, publication in the next issue, and will be featured on our website. We occasionally nominate a runner-up for a Pushcart Prize.
                          All contest submissions are considered for publication.
                          Guidelines
                          Submissions must be postmarked or submitted online between September 1 – October 31.
                          For additional submission guidelines, visit our general submissions page at

                          http://rhinopoetry.org/contests/founders-prize/

                          SUBMISSIONS » RHINO

                          ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS (preferred)
                          Group up to 5 previously unpublished poems into one document – upload a single file in .doc or .docx .rtf or .PDF format
                          Cover letter in the “Comments” field – to “Founders’ Prize Contest” listing your name, address, email address and/or telephone number and titles of your poems, and how you learned of the contest.
                          Pay your $10 entry fee through the online submission page.
                          http://rhinopoetry.org/submissions/index.php?page=login

                          SUBMISSIONS BY MAIL
                          Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total) between September 1 and October 31. No identifying information should appear on the poems.