multigenre writing contest: White Country Creative Writers

    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2008
      White County Creative Writers once again presents
      thirteen contest in conjunction with our annual
      writers' conference. We extend a heartfelt
      "thank you" to all the sponsors that make these
      contests possible. Please give them your
      support.

      For additional help with formatting or other
      issues, see our page on formatting and other
      tips!
      Website:
      http://www.whitecountycreativewriters.org/id52.html

      1. WCCW Award - Short Story, Mystery. 3000 Words
      Maximum - Sponsored by White County Creative
      Writers .

      2. RobertsFamilyArk - Short story, friends and
      enemies. Story must contain friends who have
      become enemies, or enemies who have become
      friends. 2000 Words Maximum. Sponsored by the
      Roberts Family

      3. Second Childhood Award - Rhymed Poetry -
      Subject: "Being Twelve" 50 lines maximum
      Sponsor: Glassworks Ink (link)

      4. Tell me A Story Short Story - pretend you
      are a road, a car, or a house, and write a story
      from it's point of view. 1500 words maximum
      Sponsor: Jean Gipson

      5. Tumbleweed Award Western Novel - Three
      chapters, synopsis, and query letter Sponsor:
      Dusty Richards

      6. Family Matters Award - Essay on a person in
      your family of significance to you. 2000 words
      maximum Sponsor: Debra Middleton

      7. LovePat Press Award Blank Verse ( iambic
      pentameter, unrhymed) Subject: any astronomical
      event, past or present
      Awards will include $5.00 each for HM/s
      Sponsor: Pat Laster

      8. Central Arkansas Writers Award Short Story,
      suitable for publication in a magazine for women
      1500 words maximum Sponsor: Central Arkansas
      Writers

      9. Searcy Living Award - Essay: "How I can make
      my community a better place to live." 600 words
      maximum Sponsor: Searcy Living Magazine

      10. The Red, White, and Blue Award - Review of a
      favorite or recently read book 1000 words
      maximum Sponsor: Dorothy Hatfield

      11. Bob Jones and Faye Williams Jones Poetry
      Award Free Verse, any subject 40 lines maximum
      Sponsor: Bob Jones and Faye Williams Jones

      12. Ellen Withers Award Short Story - Anything
      Goes! ( any subject) 3000 worsd maximum Sponsor:
      Ellen Withers

      13. Hemingway-Pfeiffer Award Fictional Essay -
      "Dinner with Ernest" 1500 words maximum
      Sponsor: Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum, Piggott,
      Arkansas (link)

      2008 Contest Regulations

      Noncompliance with any regulation will result in
      a disqualified entry

      1. Registration to attend conference does not
      include contest fees. Contest fees of $5 for
      first engry and $3 for each entry thereafter must
      be mailed on or before July 25, 2008. Total your
      entry fees and make one check payable to White
      County Creative Writers. No fees returned.

      2. Deadline for postmarking contest entries is
      July 25, 2008. WCCW is not responsible for
      manuscripts lost, delayed, or received too late
      for judging. Do not send SASE: No entries will
      be returned. Entries will be destroyed two weeks
      after conference.

      3. Only one typed, unpublished manuscript may be
      entered in each contrest. Double-space prose;
      double- or single- space poetry. Use standard
      manuscript form ( click here)

      4. No entry may be entered in more than one
      contest. No one may enter the contest for which
      he or she serves as sponsor, chairman, or judge.
      An entry that won first place last year may not
      be entered in the same contest if this year's
      contest is identical to last year's.

      5. Put CONTEST NUMBER and NAME OF AWARD in upper
      left corner of each manuscript(entry). Do NOT
      put your name on the manuscript. Attach a cover
      sheet to each manuscript with - a) number and
      name of contest, b) title of entry, c) first line
      of entry, d) your name, mailing address, and
      phone number. Include your e-mail address if you
      wish.

      6. Mail all contest entries and contest fees to:

      RHONDA ROBERTS
      620 MORRIS SCHOOL ROAD
      SEARCY, AR 72143

      7. Prizes: 1ST PLACE - $25.00, 2ND PLACE -
      $15.00, 3RD PLACE - $10.00. Certificates, 1st,
      2nd, 3rd Honorable Mention. Number of Awards for
      each contest will be determined by judges.

      Winners not attending will be notified by mail
      the week after the conference.

      for questions about contests or regulations, call
      (501) 268-1295 or e-mail
      plugginalong(at)hotmail.com(replace (at) with @)

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2008
        White County Creative Writers once again presents thirteen contest in conjunction with our annual writers' conference.  We extend a heartfelt "thank you" to all the sponsors that make these contests possible.  Please give them your support.

        http://www.whitecountycreativewriters.org/id52.html

        1. WCCW Award - Short Story, Mystery.  3000 Words Maximum -  Sponsored by White County Creative Writers .

        2.  RobertsFamilyArk - Short story, friends and enemies.  Story must contain friends who have become enemies, or enemies who have become friends.  2000 Words Maximum.  Sponsored by the Roberts Family

        3. Second Childhood Award - Rhymed Poetry - Subject: "Being Twelve"  50 lines maximum Sponsor: Glassworks Ink (link)

        4.  Tell me A Story   Short Story - pretend you are a road, a car, or a house, and write a story from its point of view.  1500 words maximum Sponsor:  Jean Gipson

        5.  Tumbleweed Award  Western Novel - Three chapters, synopsis, and query letter  Sponsor: Dusty Richards

        6.  Family Matters Award - Essay on a person in your family of significance to you.  2000 words maximum  Sponsor: Debra Middleton

        7.  LovePat Press Award  Blank Verse ( iambic pentameter, unrhymed)  Subject: any astronomical event, past or present

        Awards will include $5.00 each for HM/s

        Sponsor: Pat Laster=0

        8.  Central Arkansas Writers Award   Short Story, suitable for publication in a magazine for women  1500 words maximum  Sponsor: Central Arkansas Writers

        9. Searcy Living Award - Essay: "How I can make my community a better place to live."  600 words maximum  Sponsor:  Searcy Living Magazine

        10.  The Red, White, and Blue Award - Review of a favorite or recently read book  1000 words maximum  Sponsor: Dorothy Hatfield

        11.  Bob Jones and Faye Williams Jones Poetry Award  Free Verse, any subject  40 lines maximum  Sponsor: Bob Jones and Faye Williams Jones

        12.  Ellen Withers Award  Short Story - Anything Goes! ( any subject)  3000 words maximum Sponsor: Ellen Withers

        13.  Hemingway-Pfeiffer Award   Fictional Essay - "Dinner with Ernest"  1500 words maximum  Sponsor: Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum, Piggott, Arkansas (link)

        2008 Contest Regulations

        Noncompliance with any regulation will result in a disqualified entry

        1.  Registration to attend conference does not include contest fees.  Contest fees of $5 for first entry and $3 for each entry thereafter must be mailed on or before July 25, 2008.  Total your entry fees and make one check payable to White County Creative Writers.  No fees returned.

        2.  Deadline for postmarking contest entries is July 25, 2008.  WCCW is not responsible for manuscripts=2
        0lost, delayed, or received too late for judging.  Do not send SASE: No entries will be returned.  Entries will be destroyed two weeks after conference.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2010
          White County Creative Writers offers sixteen contests in conjunction with our 15th Annual Writers' Conference. You do NOT have to attend the conference to enter.
          Postmark deadline for entries is July 26, 2010.

          For extensive entry details, visit this site:

          http://www.whitecountycreativewriters.org/id52.html